WDSC! Liebherr to expands onto Smiles site

Did you see the accident at Rostock the other week? Ouch.
Aye 😂
It did. No prior FAT on the hook, uncertainty on the weight of the barge considering suction and the vessel is due to be operational in June on Moray East OWF. Multi multi million pound accident.
I only saw a couple of pics. Looked like the boom winch pulled the boom over the A frame?
Just watched a video. 🙈 Wouldn't have liked to have been sitting in the chair when that block was swinging towards me.

Last edited:
Aye 😂

I only saw a couple of pics. Looked like the boom winch pulled the boom over the A frame?
Just watched a video. 🙈 Wouldn't have liked to have been sitting in the chair when that block was swinging towards me.

The vessel had ballasted to the Port to counteract the lift on the starboard, so when the hook broke, the ballast immediately brought the port side down, which meant the boom went past the vertical and then continued until it wrapped itself over the top.

The vessel had ballasted to the Port to counteract the lift on the starboard, so when the hook broke, the ballast immediately brought the port side down, which meant the boom went past the vertical and then continued until it wrapped itself over the top.
Oooof! I used to hate overload testing on 100 tonners. Can't imagine it on that beast.

Back