Wayne Rooney Sent Off

DJP

Striker
I see Wayne Rooney was sent off for DC United last night for a forearm smash.

On first viewing it looked neither nowt nor summat but when you see it from the camera angle behind the goal is was a snidey thing to do:

deffo red and yes there's an argument for a pen surely, thats what NY players were having a go at the ref about.

Nowt in that like. Not a snidey thing at all in my eyes
Is this a whoosh?

Look at the film again man. He wraps his left arm behind the lad’s neck and then forearm smashes with the right elbow. You can’t tell how hard the lad was hit but the intent to cause harm was definitely there and could have caused serious injury. No place for that in the game and no way to defend yourself against it so it’s nowt to do with Rooney being a hard case or the defender being a soft shite. You’re not expecting to have to deal with that in football. Snidey AF and deserved a red.

I thought he was over here managing now, was waiting for the op to get ripped to shreds :oops:

What happened to the Derby County thing ?

He's trying to keep goalside of his man and there's a coming together between him and another player. No malice in it whatsoever. You can tell the ones on here who havnt played football at even a half decent level :rolleyes:

Back