Watmore

His 4 goals in 54 league games suggests to me he has never been and never will be a "proper striker".

Cue Watmore apologists :D
Shows how long he has been on the treatment table. Didn't realise he had played so few games as seems to have been around forever!!! As for only 4 goals.....

I really hope he has a good season, but I suspect injuries have ruined his career
Dr Scorpio sounds like an evil villain. Keep your medical expertise to yourself :lol:

Trouble is griggs goals are in previous seasons ,the past .In the past I looked like tom cruise now I look like cruise ship .
He isn't a different player from then and it isn't 10 years ago. He was carrying a niggle and wasn't very fit. Maybe his confidence was low or his attitude wasn't right, but there's no reason he can't score 20 this season if he applies himself.

Last edited:
Fast forward to summer 2020

'Really think Watmore could be a big player for us this season, just needs to put further injuries behind him and improve his final ball'

Hes shit if we are honest like
You're correct, but expect pelters or something along the lines of 'you have it in for him'

Last edited:
His 4 goals in 54 league games suggests to me he has never been and never will be a "proper striker".

Cue Watmore apologists :D

im not jumping to defend him right now as i like how the lad goes about (dont see any of this look at me im a football player crap), but also agree he needs to prove his fitness and get firing on all cylinders.

You could though say the same about Joshua King at bournmouth when he was younger, 74 games and 8 goals for multiple clubs and like watmore was on the wing.

finally at bournmouth they played him mainly up front and hes returned 45 in 139 in the prem. Sure people probs wrote him off too until he got his chance up top

Last edited:
At the moment, him and Geads are the only chances of any excitement for the supporters.
Hope Embers and Benji step up too though.
Exactly right ,I know it was a friendly but I enjoyed watching dunc .I had forgot what it was like to see someone running at pace into opppsition box .While watching the other 2 drips is like being in Duckworths waiting room .

Exactly right ,I know it was a friendly but I enjoyed watching dunc .I had forgot what it was like to see someone running at pace into opppsition box .While watching the other 2 drips is like being in Duckworths waiting room .
I used to love watching Usher and Mulhall and then Hughes and Tueart running at defenders. Gabbiadini too - frightens defenders and excites supporters.

I hope he does well, just needs to put them injuries behind him.

Himself and Kimpioka can offer us something that Grigg & Wyke don’t up front - pace. Both Watmore & Kimpioka really need to work on their decision making though if they’re going to be key players...
Watmore really needs to work on his finishing as well.

Teams in the Premier League have to pay an obscene amount of money to get a forward with pace and accuracy yet some of our fans think it's a piece of piss to pick one up for peanuts in League One.

It's about being realistic and knowing that any players that are brought in are going to be limited in ability. keep Watmore fit and he brings good attributes to the team, namely pace, directness and the possibility to draw fouls in dangerous areas for McGeady and the like to whip in a free kick.

Obviously, serious injuries have nearly ruined the lad but (fingers crossed) if he's past those, he's a big positive for the team and only a good thing for us as fans.

Back