Watmore out for the season?

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by RTG, Mar 20, 2019.

1. RTG

RTG Robot Staff Member

“I think that I speak for us all when I say we sincerely wish Duncan a speedy recovery, and that we hope to see him back in action, doing what he does best, very soon”, writes Rebecca Johnson. Having only just returned from a long layoff through injury, fan favourite Duncan Watmore was faced with yet another set-back on his road to recovery last...

More at Roker Report...

2. MunkyHeed

MunkyHeed Striker

Just read on RR that they ‘hope’ he’ll be fit for pre-season too.

Fucks sake, poor bugger. All the best lad. Shithouse of a tackle too.

3. 0321safc

0321safc Winger

Marcus Bean is a disgrace. In fact more than that he’s an absolute **** of a human being.

Northumberland Rocks and The Rat like this.
  4. I just don’t think he’s got the frame to make it a career long term. If I was him I’d start exploring opportunities outside of football.

viccarlton likes this.
  5. The Great MES

The Great MES Winger

He has got a degree tbf

manamamackem, conrad and Mainze like this.
  6. Fredericton

Fredericton Subs Bench

More than that. His father was high up in the FA and involved in business, Duncan's got a good background.
    Football for him is just a start, something all of us would've loved, he'll be a high flyer in the future.
    Maybe it'll be to help Sunderland get back to where we were. Good luck to him, he seems a bright kid.

7. Sidewinder2

Sidewinder2 Winger

He's fucked

8. bahtat

bahtat Striker

banning the player who causes injuries in situations like this for the same period of time that the injured player is out for might put a stop to such “tackles”

9. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam Full Back

He’s done now. Needs moving on

10. bahtat

bahtat Striker

What a stupid statement, if and it’s a big if, he’s as you say done who on earth is going to take him off ou hands

11. carlos

carlos Midfield

Some of the comments on here are awful. Lad deserves commending on his attitude and will no doubt be an inspiration to any of the lads at the club whilst he is here if they suffer a setback. He will be back for jexf year and go again. Good luck to the lad

12. bahtat

bahtat Striker

This all day long, well said

13. RichD

RichD Striker

I feel really sorry for the lad, but sometimes you just need to be realistic about his chances of playing football long term and at the highest level. The club have dished out a lot of time and money.

14. naughtynose

naughtynose Striker

Agreed. He's certainly of no use to us. We can't keep persevering with him.

Yup

RichD likes this.
  15. Grammar Police

Grammar Police Midfield

Dog with a balloon IIRC.

16. HarrogateMackem

HarrogateMackem Striker

It’s his ankle injured not his knee this time, so hardly a recurring injury. Also, that tackle would have injured anyone. Horrible bastard of a Wycombe player.

17. 8-12 weeks. He will 100% be ready for pre-season

18. roberto

roberto Winger

No chance of winning the ball, disgraceful tackle.

bahtat and TopCat like this.
  19. Embarrassing comment - his ankle injury has nothing to do with his previous injuries and it has nothing to do with him being "injury prone" - he was the victim of a nasty stamp from a shithouse of a player. It could have happened to anyone