Waterproof coat recommendations needed.

Maxnormal

Midfield
Just returned from a walking the Somme battlefield tour and me old Schott waterproof wasn’t that waterproof any more. Any of you recommend something that is waterproof and stylish?
Ta in advance!

Just returned from a walking the Somme battlefield tour and me old Schott waterproof wasn’t that waterproof any more. Any of you recommend something that is waterproof and stylish?
Ta in advance!
Is it worth trying to re waterproof it? Used this before and it does the job.

If you are determined to get something new, what's your budget and what do you consider 'stylish'?
As a general rule, try and get something breathable as well as waterproof.

Is it worth trying to re waterproof it? Used this before and it does the job.

If you are determined to get something new, what's your budget and what do you consider 'stylish'?
As a general rule, try and get something breathable as well as waterproof.
Ah man it’s nigh on 20 years old now and served me well.
Budget is up to a couple of hundred quid and by stylish, I don’t want to look like a

I use a cycling coat as my summer waterproof, because it’s got massive vents in it that you can zip open for when it’s raining but hot.

Patagonia had a few of their lightweight waterproof jackets on sale for £60 last I checked. That's half price. I have one and find it to be very good at what it does. It's thin, though, but does cut wind chill a bit.

Knars his onions.

Had one for years I got from Copenhagen. Quality is great, just bought a bag as well which is very good value for money and basically paid for itself over this last month of getting soaked.

I did check out their recent jackets in store though and it looks like they've cheapened the quality, definitely felt more flimsy than my older one. Would recommend trying one in store first.

Had one for years I got from Copenhagen. Quality is great, just bought a bag as well which is very good value for money and basically paid for itself over this last month of getting soaked.

I did check out their recent jackets in store though and it looks like they've cheapened the quality, definitely felt more flimsy than my older one. Would recommend trying one in store first.
Had a navy one for yearss and its canny, done its job. Need a new one now though as its abit knackered, the material leaves marks visible in navy.

I would buy a coat made from Ventile - that's the fabric, not a brand/manufacturer.

It's a great fabric, waterproof, breathable, so you don't sweat like one made from Goretex or some of the Mackintosh ones. I find the trouble with a Barbour is that it can make you sweat a bit and the wax coating can smell a bit too strongly for my liking.

Back