WATER water WATER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standpipes for the drought and many places flooded all on the same day.

I come home with soggy trainers to hear that we may get standpipes as no water. :confused:

shocking really for a supposedly advanced world nation sat under the jet stream.
I couldn't walk round the park for all the puddles yesterday and now they are talking standpipes on the radio. But building round here is going amok, I can see there being not enough water for use, nor pipes to sort the waste. Crazy world.

The water companies want to be fined millions for not repairing their leaks. God knows how much water is lost there

I left me taps running all night me like - now got the sprinkler on

I have to let my shower run for at least 5 minutes to get hot water.

They were saying on the TV it's because it's been pretty dry for so long that the ground has gone dry and hard, so the water isn't soaking into it and making it's way to where it needs to be.

Thats why you should buy dehydrated packet water for emergenies, just add the appropriate amount of water and hey presto, instant water.

Another con by rip off UK.

No doubt the drought scare is to ensure that the water companies can then rip off the average customer due to some made up investment that they now have to make ie the senior management holiday fund.

They then tell us it needs 6 months of rain, it then chucks it down, there is flooding but apparently it makes no difference. :lol:

Basically like the global warming scam the water companies have been caught out lying.

Time to rise up citizens. ;)

its october through to march when you need a steady supply of rain as its when the ground absorbs it and top sup the underground supplies.

at the moment its saving water int hat no one is havign to water plants anf armers certainly won't be drawing on water but the vast majority is just runnign off into t rivers and out to sea..

the story in the press about stabdpipes is syaing if we get another dry winter then there may be a need next year... not this year...

obviously some of the rain the last month will make its way to the stores but no where near enough

its october through to march when you need a steady supply of rain as its when the ground absorbs it and top sup the underground supplies.

at the moment its saving water int hat no one is havign to water plants anf armers certainly won't be drawing on water but the vast majority is just runnign off into t rivers and out to sea..

the story in the press about stabdpipes is syaing if we get another dry winter then there may be a need next year... not this year...

obviously some of the rain the last month will make its way to the stores but no where near enough
Well said, if not written like;)

Think Thames Water have extended their hosepipe ban until the end of this year

Think Thames Water have extended their hosepipe ban until the end of this year
Make no mistake about it there will be an additional cost to the consumer for this somewhere along the line. You can see it coming a mile off.

the free market in certain circumstances just doesnt work and water seems like one of those industries that should be renationalised because the water companies have upped the costs substantially for no apparent customer gain in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back