Water bills - rip off?

We're a family of 3 (2 adults and a 6 year old) and Northumbrian Water have bumped our bill up twice in the past year from about 30 quid a month to the latest bill of 57 quid a month. I played holy hell the last time on the phone when they upped it to 40 odd quid as we had just moved my mother in law out who'd been in with us so couldn't understand the increase. This latest one seems like it's taking the piss.

Anyone else experiencing this with them? On a meter btw.

Set up an account on their website and send your readings that way. I used to phone mine in and they tried to put my bill up over £40 a month. When I studied my bill, they'd just been using estimated readings.

:eek: me the wife and 2 young kids with washer going all the time, daily showers and baths, etc. Were on a meter and currently pay £13 a month.

We checked the meter and everything - Northumbrian Water refused to accept anything was wrong even though just turning on a tap sent it spinning :lol:

So glad we’re just on a standing charge now instead.

Metered with Severn Trent. 2 adults, 4 bedrooms. Varies between £27 and £29 per bill.

Mind you, we're oldies and just go around smelling of mothballs and piss.

Back