Watchmen Creator Alan Moore gives it both barrels

Talk about biting the hand that feeds.

bet they’ll be burning them in a big pile tomorrow after he said they were a bit like nazi propaganda

be a bit ironic really

The hanging on to a cosy childhood bit I’d agree with..mainly cos I nivver had one super hero comic as a bairn. The white supremicist nonsense though is the usual 21st century aren’t I radical posturing bollocks. As for the standing up for themselves or others...no one does now I’m afraid.

A lot of valid points tbf, we’re already seeing the counterpoint though with things like The Boys (highly recommend for anyone that hasn’t seen it). I think we’ll see a lot more dystopian, anti-hero material. I hope so anyway.

He makes some valid points, especially around "do not wish to relinquish their grip on... their relatively reasuring childhoods". Reminds me of that weapon who cried at the Star Wars trailers.

Somebody's pissed that fortunes are being made by other contributors to the comic world. It's human nature to enjoy the perceived bad guys getting a good trouncing, but it's also good to see that there are comic creators out there showing us that having such power can, and does corrupt.

Looking at his body of work he should really be on the level below the likes of Stan Lee.

If V for Vendetta and Watchmen were released today instead of before the comic book cinema boom he'd have more standing. He just seems very bitter tbh.

Looking at his body of work he should really be on the level below the likes of Stan Lee.

If V for Vendetta and Watchmen were released today instead of before the comic book cinema boom he'd have more standing. He just seems very bitter tbh.
He got fucked by DC with watchmen, he's been bitter for a long time and has refused to work with them for decades.

He's a better writer than Stan Lee, who's biggest success was promoting Stan Lee.

Back