Watching Sky Go outside of the UK- any technical people around?

I am working abroad and have a VPN (Windscribe) which I use mainly to try and watch football in different countries. I am trying to watch Sky Go (I have a UK subscription) but it gives a message saying only available in UK and Ireland , even when I'm connected to Windscribe UK.

Are there any technical SMBER's who can give any practical help?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

I thought they changed Sky Go so you could use it outside the UK? I definitely got an email last year saying they had.

I will try one of those, thanks. Incidentally do you use any of these VPN's? Just wondered if you have found that one is better than the others?

Hmm, yesterday it said to me could only use in UK and ROI.
No, I just googled sky go vpn and that was the first hit. As above though, if you’re in the EU it should just work. Although if you’re in the EU and then trying to use a VPN for a UK IP address then it won’t work.

I thought they changed Sky Go so you could use it outside the UK? I definitely got an email last year saying they had.
Just EU, changed last year.

I'm out of EU (Philippines) but will be in Canada when the play off final is on.

I had heard about the EU being able to use Sky Go but my error message was definitely UK and ROI.

Maybe I have got an old app that needs updating.

Back