Watching and seeing your daddy like I am

I know, it’s heartbreaking. I went through it with my nana, it still upsets me, I try to remember the good days we had.
I’m doing that everyday, he chased me yesterday said “You’ve been here all bloody day” and today he asked if there wasn’t a long journey I could go on to pick something up for him :)
Amazing how he wakes up when I’m there, and how when I go he says “you be careful pet”

That's good that you have all agreed. Is he coming home then?
He’s home x

Unfortunately, a part of life is watching your parents die. I lost both to cancer. Enjoy every last moment you get with them because when they're gone you'll wish you did.

And take lots of videos/photos. I found a video of me mar online the other day and to see her talking and walking about after being gone for 18 years left me a quivering wreck. I cried my f***ing eyes out, and I loved every last tear.

Chin up, Janey. I hope your old man has an easy passage to the old Stadium of Light in the sky.

is just bloody shit. It just hurts so much
My heart goes out to you and your family pet
It’s an awful thing to go through, I know how it feels
I was really scared for me mam but she was so strong through it all it was amazing to see her. It broke my heart when t came to the end but she went out on her terms with great dignity, I miss her so much still

My heart goes out to you and your family pet
It’s an awful thing to go through, I know how it feels
I was really scared for me mam but she was so strong through it all it was amazing to see her. It broke my heart when t came to the end but she went out on her terms with great dignity, I miss her so much still
Exactly how I’m feeling at the minute, and how he, like your mam was. xx

I’m doing that everyday, he chased me yesterday said “You’ve been here all bloody day” and today he asked if there wasn’t a long journey I could go on to pick something up for him :)
Amazing how he wakes up when I’m there, and how when I go he says “you be careful pet”

He’s home x
It is shit Janey. No doubt. And it’s tough.
But take some consolation in the fact he knows who you are and you can talk to him while you’re going through this.
At the end, me mam had Alzheimer’s as well as cancer which made it doubly shit.

Unfortunately, a part of life is watching your parents die. I lost both to cancer. Enjoy every last moment you get with them because when they're gone you'll wish you did.

And take lots of videos/photos. I found a video of me mar online the other day and to see her talking and walking about after being gone for 18 years left me a quivering wreck. I cried my f***ing eyes out, and I loved every last tear.

Chin up, Janey. I hope your old man has an easy passage to the old Stadium of Light in the sky.
I’m spending every minute I can with him and treasuring every minute too. xx

It is shit Janey. No doubt. And it’s tough.
But take some consolation in the fact he knows who you are and you can talk to him while you’re going through this.
At the end, me mam had Alzheimer’s as well as cancer which made it doubly shit.
Aww that must have been so tough for you :cry: xx
he definitely knows who I am which is why he keeps chasing me :)

Thoughts with you, Janey. Words don't really help, but stay strong lass.
Words and thoughts do help xx

Last edited:

Back