Waste pipe problem

Whole estate is the same mate. Think the pipe is bigger than 110mm though. Its more like 150mm. From bathroom and down corner. Down the corner of the kitchen and its boxed in behind wall.

:eek:
No problems like what the O.P. has?
Mind you a 6" pipe (150mm) will take away a lot of stuff.
Surprised that the housing regulations allow black sewage and grey water to be mixed before it leaves the dwelling and gets into the drains though.

Cut out the section where that white waste pipe comes in and put in a slip coupling in it's place on the 110mm shite pipe.

Logon or register to see this image

Then re-direct the white waste pipes out through the outside wall to your drain.

Just a suggestion like.
Not without pulling all the floor up as it's under the laminate.

Unfucking believable.

Oneshot might scorch off the end of the pipe? ;)

Can you not cut 3 inches off the middle of the dropping waste then drag it upwards out of the poopipe? Then join?
I can if I can figure out how to release the white waste from the 110mm as I think it's solvent welded in. Apparently you can loosen the glue with a hairdryer down the pipe but dunno if it works in reality

can you get a multi-tool into it? if you can get it into the horizontal pipe your forearm +multitool + blade will be about 700mm long, is that enough to cut off the basin waste inside?
No mate - it's a good 4 or 5 feet away from the toilet waste unfortunately

Last edited:
Not without pulling all the floor up as it's under the laminate.

I think you will have to do this.
Get the floor up and get it sorted IMHO.
Have a word with your house insurance people - they might see that you have been at the mercy of cowboy builders, and pay for the remedial work to be done. Obviously you 'll need to pay your excess.

:eek:
No problems like what the O.P. has?
Mind you a 6" pipe (150mm) will take away a lot of stuff.
Surprised that the housing regulations allow black sewage and grey water to be mixed before it leaves the dwelling and gets into the drains though.
Grey water is sewage. You getting mixed up with rainwater ?

Don't need to rip the floor up mate. At worst a section about 200mm square above the soil pipe as near the basin waste problem. You will be able to cut this out quite neatly and replace it afterwards. This will give you access to the horizontal pipe from above. Get a soil pipe access saddle ( google it to see what it is) and cut away top of soil to get to the 32mm basin waste. Cut it off and remove it. Fit the access saddle over the hole and seal it. Replace the sub floor and laminate. Put a nice little bathroom pedal bin over the patch and go for a beer. Good luck.

Thats complete bullshit , where did you get that from ?

An old time-served plumber friend who has over 45 years of house plumbing experience- why?

So just have a look at the set-up of older houses (which he would have worked on) - all the toilet waste go into a separate soil pipe don't they? And the waste water from wash basins/baths and showers go into a separate drain? - The two don't mix until out of the house and down into the drains.

Maybe modern houses have adapted an age-old working practice of having a separate drainage up until the drain/sewers. You might know different eh?

No, genuinely.

Got a waste pipe (110mm type) running horizontally under an ensuite floor. From left to right (about 15ft) there's a bath that empties into the waste, then there's a toilet, then a sink, then a shower, then the waste goes vertically down to the floor below.

Had the lovely experience of flushing the toilet the other day and seeing all the contents come up the bath plughole to the left of the toilet. Not for the first time, there seems to be a blockage to the right of the toilet which forced the flush off to the left of the pipe and up the bath waste.

As mentioned this isn't the first time the waste seems to have blocked. Last time I got one of those windy metal flexible rods, fed it down the toilet and cleared the blockage. Can do that again, but I suspect that the fall on the waste pipe is too shallow from one side of the ensuite to the other and so everything is failing to move along the pipe and eventually blocking.

Apart from ripping up the whole laminated floor, is there any suggestions? Can't really chock the waste higher under the toilet floor to increase the fall as it would stop the bath running out. Only thing I can think of is making sure we flush 2-3 times every time to make sure everything gets flushed away, but hoping someone has a bright idea?

You need to Format The Fucker

An old time-served plumber friend who has over 45 years of house plumbing experience- why?

So just have a look at the set-up of older houses (which he would have worked on) - all the toilet waste go into a separate soil pipe don't they? And the waste water from wash basins/baths and showers go into a separate drain? - The two don't mix until out of the house and down into the drains.

Maybe modern houses have adapted an age-old working practice of having a separate drainage up until the drain/sewers. You might know different eh?
Nah , sorry marra, basin and bath wastes have been going down the soil stack for ever. You're thinking of the old soil / storm separate drainage systems.

Nah , sorry marra, basin and bath wastes have been going down the soil stack for ever. You're thinking of the old soil / storm separate drainage systems.
Just repeating from what my old pal says.
He's old school by the way.
Maybe building regs have changed since he first started.
By the way, none of the houses around here have their bath/water waste going into the soil pipe. Built in the late 50's early 60's.

Just repeating from what my old pal says.
He's old school by the way.
Maybe building regs have changed since he first started.
By the way, none of the houses around here have their bath/water waste going into the soil pipe. Built in the late 50's early 60's.
Yep, sounds right, years ago all foul water ( toilet/ bath/ basin/ kitchen) had to go into a foul water drain, whilst all rainwater drainage went into a storm drain. Later on ( maybe 50's, certainly 60's) developers were allowed to use combined storm/ foul single drainage system. This is when you would more commonly see bath and basin wastes going into a hopper head on the rainwater downpipe, which still happens today on some jobs. Also as in OP , more often all internal wastes will be directed into the outgoing soil pipe, and then into combined main drain.

strap a multitool to the end of a broomshank using duck tape and cut the white pipe into small segments that'll flush away

if you haven't a multitool strap a sharp pad saw instead to the broom shank

Back