Waste pipe problem

adivvunknaa

Central Defender
No, genuinely.

Got a waste pipe (110mm type) running horizontally under an ensuite floor. From left to right (about 15ft) there's a bath that empties into the waste, then there's a toilet, then a sink, then a shower, then the waste goes vertically down to the floor below.

Had the lovely experience of flushing the toilet the other day and seeing all the contents come up the bath plughole to the left of the toilet. Not for the first time, there seems to be a blockage to the right of the toilet which forced the flush off to the left of the pipe and up the bath waste.

As mentioned this isn't the first time the waste seems to have blocked. Last time I got one of those windy metal flexible rods, fed it down the toilet and cleared the blockage. Can do that again, but I suspect that the fall on the waste pipe is too shallow from one side of the ensuite to the other and so everything is failing to move along the pipe and eventually blocking.

Apart from ripping up the whole laminated floor, is there any suggestions? Can't really chock the waste higher under the toilet floor to increase the fall as it would stop the bath running out. Only thing I can think of is making sure we flush 2-3 times every time to make sure everything gets flushed away, but hoping someone has a bright idea?

is your loo against an external wall? maybe take the toilet waste straight throuqh to outside independently of the other one and run to nearest manhole? 15 ft run is too long in that space, your fall will be minimal.

You can get this drain unblocker called oneshot which is fecking lethal, burns through clothing etc etc, used it to good effect but be careful!

Dont know how powerful if would be in a pipe chokka with water though.

Anyone in your house throwing babywipes, cotton wool etc down the loo?
Not that I know of. They've been warned not to already, but we are talking about a 13 year old lass using the room....

You can get this drain unblocker called oneshot which is fecking lethal, burns through clothing etc etc, used it to good effect but be careful!

Think I'll give that a crack (pardon the pun).

is your loo against an external wall? maybe take the toilet waste straight throuqh to outside independently of the other one and run to nearest manhole? 15 ft run is too long in that space, your fall will be minimal.
It is so might have to consider that if no other option.

Last edited:
Not that I know of. They've been warned not to already, but we are talking about a 13 year old lass using the room....

Think I'll give that a crack (pardon the pun).

It is so might have to consider that if no other option.
I’d double check. I caught my wife hoping a baby wipe down the toilet and she really should know better.

No, genuinely.

Got a waste pipe (110mm type) running horizontally under an ensuite floor. From left to right (about 15ft) there's a bath that empties into the waste, then there's a toilet, then a sink, then a shower, then the waste goes vertically down to the floor below.

Had the lovely experience of flushing the toilet the other day and seeing all the contents come up the bath plughole to the left of the toilet. Not for the first time, there seems to be a blockage to the right of the toilet which forced the flush off to the left of the pipe and up the bath waste.

As mentioned this isn't the first time the waste seems to have blocked. Last time I got one of those windy metal flexible rods, fed it down the toilet and cleared the blockage. Can do that again, but I suspect that the fall on the waste pipe is too shallow from one side of the ensuite to the other and so everything is failing to move along the pipe and eventually blocking.

Apart from ripping up the whole laminated floor, is there any suggestions? Can't really chock the waste higher under the toilet floor to increase the fall as it would stop the bath running out. Only thing I can think of is making sure we flush 2-3 times every time to make sure everything gets flushed away, but hoping someone has a bright idea?

Check ya outside drain, we had dyno rod scratching his heed for 2 hrs months ago, cameras, power flush the lot, then remembered a second drain at side of house.... in there was a fookin fanny pad, make up tissue, cotton bud Fat Berg that was backing up the drain....

Last edited:
Anyone in your house throwing babywipes, cotton wool etc down the loo?
I tell you what if the female of the species was charged with having to unblock the frigging loo when it gets clogged it would be a totally unknown problem with in a couple of years.

If this is the fucker I'm thinking off I put some down years ago, then I sat down for a shit a few hours later and didn't realise I'd dribbled the stuff on thee toilet seat. Burned a hole in my arse cheek and stung like fuck.

If this is the fucker I'm thinking off I put some down years ago, then I sat down for a shit a few hours later and didn't realise I'd dribbled the stuff on thee toilet seat. Burned a hole in my arse cheek and stung like fuck.

It is fecking lethal like. Sounds like youre pouring lemonade down the pipe. If it can eat through clothes etc in a pipe what the feck could it do to human skin.

It is fecking lethal like. Sounds like youre pouring lemonade down the pipe. If it can eat through clothes etc in a pipe what the feck could it do to human skin.
Loving the sounds of this. Got to give it a whirl.

Check ya outside drain, we had dyno rod scratching his heed for 2 hrs months ago, cameras, power flush the lot, then remembered a second drain at side of house.... in there was a fookin fanny pad, make up tissue, cotton bud Fat Berg that was backing up the drain....
There's other stuff connected to the same waste on other floors so I know it's not blocked outside, as they're all fine.

Sewerage (black) waste from the toilet should be on a separate waste (soil) pipe - and should not mix with the grey sewer water from the shower/wash basin.
The toilet waste should be going straight into the soil pipe outside.
Yeah you're right, but god knows what the cowboys who fitted it did :(

I'm assuming the bath must be plumbed straight into the black waste considering the rank stuff that splurged out of the bath plug contain toilet paper.

From their website: "Contains: Sulfuric acid 91%"

Last edited:

Back