Wasps

Was a nest of the bastards in my shed recently, which I only found when I knocked it down accidentally. This angered them no end.

They're all dead now.
I had one in my shed over the winter. I knocked it off without even knowing it was there. 3 f***ing stings on my arm in the minute it took me to fight my way out of the shed :evil: gassed them all and burnt the babies in front of their dying bodies :lol:

Got rid of a nest a few weeks back thank god.
It was right outside the bedroom window so we couldn't open it which made it worse with the weather we've been having recently. Some bloke came and blew powder on it.
Nothing since.

Quite pointless aren't they?

Bang on op.

If by pointless you mean critical to the Human race.

In defence of wasps: why squashing them comes with a sting in the tale

"Despite their poor public image, wasps are incredibly important for the world’s economy and ecosystems. Without them, the planet would be pest-ridden to biblical proportions, with much reduced biodiversity. They are a natural asset of a world dominated by humans, providing us with free services that contribute to our economy, society and ecology."

Bees were originally wasps, but realised that getting pollen was easier tha getting killed fighting other insects to eat. Thanks to Radio 4.
Correct. Bees evolved from wasp like insects several million years ago to become vegetarian. Their stings are different. A bee sting has evolved to deter a predator that is after the honey and/or grubs. It is therefore painful. A wasp sting has evolved to kill or paralyse prey. It is painful for us too but that is coincidental.

Bang on op.

If by pointless you mean critical to the Human race.

In defence of wasps: why squashing them comes with a sting in the tale

"Despite their poor public image, wasps are incredibly important for the world’s economy and ecosystems. Without them, the planet would be pest-ridden to biblical proportions, with much reduced biodiversity. They are a natural asset of a world dominated by humans, providing us with free services that contribute to our economy, society and ecology."

Sounds like that was written by a wasp.

I get a token one crawling out of the wall every year in the loft. A half dead, dull coloured, one heralds winter and a lively one heralds spring, same with Butterflys, it's a good gage of the eco system because occasionally they pop out at random times if the weather isn't to the seasons .

I get a token one crawling out of the wall every year in the loft. A half dead, dull coloured, one heralds winter and a lively one heralds spring, same with Butterflys, it's a good gage of the eco system because occasionally they pop out at random times if the weather isn't to the seasons .
Probably the queen that was hibernating over the winter. The rest of the colony usually die off unless it is a very warm winter then they can survive. Mine the best will then grow an aarful size (with geetbig goggly eyes etc). But we won't be having warm winters because the Climate Change deniers say all that stuff isn't happening so we don't have to worry.

Evil little bastards

Told this story on here before but I found a wasps nest in my shed once after being away for the summer.

Bought one of those smoke bomb things to try and get rid of them.

Cut a long story short I ended up standing the the middle of the garden with the hose pipe turned up full pelt trying to fight them off.

Not my finest hour

Evil little bastards

Told this story on here before but I found a wasps nest in my shed once after being away for the summer.

Cut a long story short I ended up standing the the middle of the garden with the hose pipe turned up full pelt trying to fight them off.

Not my finest hour
Did you get any stings?

Evil little bastards

Not my finest hour

My old man had one in his shed so he went in late evening when they were asleep and emptied a can of fly spray into it. Said they were all crawling out but he just kept spraying into the hole in the bottom. The nest was still in his shed for years after but he killed them all in one go apparently. Was about the size or a tennis ball.

There doesn't seem to be as many of the bin raking stripy little bastards around this year mind
That's 'cos they haven't signed anybody.

Bees were originally wasps, but realised that getting pollen was easier tha getting killed fighting other insects to eat. Thanks to Radio 4.
I had no idea that Radio 4 had been such a long-standing Eolutionary driver.

Last edited:

Back