Washington wetlands

It's a canny look out with the bairns there. My little 'un loved the place. Probably due the cafe rather than the birds.

When I first saw the thread title I thought it was a report of it going into administration. I'm so relieved it's not. I'll have to get there soon as I've not been for years and I'd like to contribute, albeit in a small way.

Good little place to have a walkabout with the youngun during the times when not a lot open. Paid £70 odd quid to make me and the little fella a member for unlimited visits for a year. Sure it will come in handy during the 6 weeks holidays although you have to pre book at the moment due to them limiting numbers. Anyone else paid it a visit lately or at all?
Exactly what we did when our lad was a youngster. Good value for the year.

Good little place to have a walkabout with the youngun during the times when not a lot open. Paid £70 odd quid to make me and the little fella a member for unlimited visits for a year. Sure it will come in handy during the 6 weeks holidays although you have to pre book at the moment due to them limiting numbers. Anyone else paid it a visit lately or at all?

Went not long before lockdown with the wife (no) and little lad, first time we've ever been. Canny for a few hours out the house. Cafe wasn't cheap mind

was there yesterday as it happens, booked it last Wednesday. had a good few hours wander, the reduced capacity meant it was very quiet and peaceful, kids play area and a few things were not open but majority was

Been paying for it for the last 16 years although we haven't been in about 10 years. :lol:

(it is a worthwhile cause)
A great place for families and a leisurely mooch about (love the Flamingos), a jewel in Washington's crown certainly.

The friendship/kite festival was brilliant although I think that went to the wall when the banking crisis got into full swing. Would love to see it come back.

Last edited:
Been members for years now the kids love it too, different every time you go depending on the season. They've done well to reopen they've got one way systems etc in place, no cafe or shop or owt but nice to get back. Love the place

Back