Washington leisure centre

Dinnar about swimming but I do know you have to be careful with parking as they're shit hot for fining people.
Yeah make sure you put your reg in on arrival. I play in the five a side league on a Thursday night and a few lads have been caught after forgetting to do so. Think it was £60.

Parking would put me off there like. If I call at sainsburys and drive past it’s always crammed with people waiting for spaces. Couldn’t be arsed with that for a council swimming baths. That and you can’t just drop someone off without being fined.

Dinnar about swimming but I do know you have to be careful with parking as they're shit hot for fining people.
Aye it’s where me and the lads play 5 aside and when they first introduced that, we all missed the sign when we drove in and all 10 of us got fines. Most of us ignored it because it’s through a private company, some others appealed and were allowed to pay a smaller % of the fine. A pub round here has just introduced a similar system. Thing is, I can’t imagine many people use the leisure centre to park their car all day and nash off somewhere else, there’s nowt around it that doesn’t have its own parking already. The pub is next to a school so I can see why they have to avoid drop off and pick up times filling the car park.

Aye it’s where me and the lads play 5 aside and when they first introduced that, we all missed the sign when we drove in and all 10 of us got fines. Most of us ignored it because it’s through a private company, some others appealed and were allowed to pay a smaller % of the fine. A pub round here has just introduced a similar system. Thing is, I can’t imagine many people use the leisure centre to park their car all day and nash off somewhere else, there’s nowt around it that doesn’t have its own parking already. The pub is next to a school so I can see why they have to avoid drop off and pick up times filling the car park.
Used to be very busy car park before they introduced the vehicle reg logging system, load of shoppers were using it to nip in Galleries
its spot on now tho I use it 4 days a week, always loads of spaces and the overall leisure centre is great has everything you want, all well kept equipment and at £20 per month I reckon you be pushed to find a better place (you get 3 month free if you pay the yearly membership)
Get a fair few folk travel in from Sunderland to use sauna and steam room, lowers the tone a bit but can’t have it all ways 😂

Last edited:
Used to be very busy car park before they introduced the vehicle reg logging system, load of shoppers were using it to nip in Galleries
its spot on now tho I use it 4 days a week, always loads of spaces and the overall leisure centre is great has everything you want, all well kept equipment and at £20 per month I reckon you be pushed to find a better place (you get 3 month free if you pay the yearly membership)
Get a fair few folk travel in from Sunderland to use sauna and steam room, lowers the tone a bit but can’t have it all ways 😂
Gym only?
I tipped up for a year works out £17.50 a month.
Full membership is £29 I was told.

Back