Washington DC

Cheers guys - went with the Washington Plaza - cheapest of the suggestions.

You'll be fine there. If you want to discuss anything else about the place, feel free to shoot me a PM - I'm a native.

I thought it was quite rough on a night like but possibly the most interesting place I’ve been to. Museums all ower.

Don't know when you visited, but it's completely different in the last 10 years or so in terms of nighttime safety.

I Didn't think It was too bad actually, shit loads of students about where I was but that was about it. Found a cracking little bar called the Brixton which seemed to be the best of the bunch I spent time in

Agree about the museums though. Wish I knew in advance but would have loved to have had a look around the Museum of African History but it had only just opened a few months before hand and you couldn't just turn up. Had to book tickets in advance at the time (2017).

Was only there a few days after a drive down from Baltimore but enjoyed seeing all the major tourist spots none the less
Not sure if it was dependent on the time, but passes weren't required when I was looking into going. Didn't end up there though, as spent far too much time in the Air & Space museum (which has half of it closed down at the minute too) :lol:

Going to NYC/DC for a week on my own on the 1st of Feb, been to NYC loads of times but never to DC.

Looking forward to it.

Staying at The Embassy Row Hotel, anyone ever stayed there or know out about it?

Will be hoping to do as many "Tourist" things I can while I'm there, any recommendations would be most helpful bar the obvious like Capital Hill/White House etc?

Fast forward a few weeks and the headlines will read "lone Irish tourist gets badly beaten up after going to no go area in DC on recommendation of the SMB" :lol:

Going to NYC/DC for a week on my own on the 1st of Feb, been to NYC loads of times but never to DC.

Looking forward to it.

Staying at The Embassy Row Hotel, anyone ever stayed there or know out about it?

Will be hoping to do as many "Tourist" things I can while I'm there, any recommendations would be most helpful bar the obvious like Capital Hill/White House etc?

Fast forward a few weeks and the headlines will read "lone Irish tourist gets badly beaten up after going to no go area in DC on recommendation of the SMB" :lol:
All of the main tourist building/monuments/museums are right next to each other, so getting around them is easy. I did the American History and Air & Space museums which were class, but you may have more interest in others. I don't really think going up the Washington monument was worth it, the view is good, but it was packed with people crowding around a few small windows to actually see anything.

Was only there a couple of days, but the bars on U street were decent 👍

Back