Washington DC

mogget

Winger
Thinking of going on holiday there, has anyone been before and got any recommendations?

I fancy going to America but not NYC so would be open to any other suggestions.

Thinking of going on holiday there, has anyone been before and got any recommendations?

I fancy going to America but not NYC so would be open to any other suggestions.

Aye been twice.

Going again in June.

Sightseeing in DC is easy.

White Hse, Lincoln Memorial, Monument and Smithsonians are all close together. The cathedral is worth visiting too. Ford Theatre (Lincoln assassination) is a good tour too.

Keep checking this site for the Monument re-opening. Tickets to go up to the top are free but you need to be quick to get them. You can order online in the UK and pick them up on the day of your visit.

Other cities I would recommend..

Boston , NYC, San Francisco, Niagara Falls, Charleston, New Orleans, Nashville, Vegas (Grand Canyon trip a must). My favourite is Savannah. Back again this year.

Wouldn't visit again - LA (shit hole) and Memphis (Beale St is good but that's it) Don't visit Graceland. It's in a rundown part of Memphis and is very dated. They try to make it good but it's like putting lipstick on a pig.

Last edited:
Aye been twice.

Going again in June.

Sightseeing in DC is easy.

White Hse, Lincoln Memorial, Monument and Smithsonians are all close together. The cathedral is worth visiting too. Ford Theatre (Lincoln assassination) is a good tour too.

Keep checking this site for the Monument re-opening. Tickets to go up to the top are free but you need to be quick to get them. You can order online in the UK and pick them up on the day of your visit.
Cheers

Back