Washing up bowls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date

dishwashers give me anxiety, argue with my best friend about it all the time
I just prefer washing up by hand

no they don't, and not because they have a vagina, it's because they are inanimate objects

There is something strangely therapeutic about washing stuff in a bowl/sink of soapy water, but we were going through 30+ sets of stuff a day with the business, without our two dishwashers I'd have been round the twist. The one at home is just a luxury when it's just the two of us, but in this area at least I clearly have the higher standards in our house, or maybe just appreciate that there are narrow pipes involved rather than magic...

Anybody else use a bowl in their sink to wash up?

Is there a f***ing point to it?

I'm just about done with this and prepared to divorce my wife over it unless she can explain why washing stuff in a bowl is preferable to just sticking the plates under a flow of water from the tap...

Depends on the sink, Shirley?
Washing up bowls mean things won't break like they could in a sink.

Don't get me started on dishwashers. Once you've scraped all the stuff in the bin, rinsed the plates and stacked it in the tray you may as well have just used the sink anyway.
A dishwasher is one thing I have never had and never wanted. I really don’t see the point of them. It takes me 5 minutes max to wash up then just leave them to drain til they are dry.
But back to the original point, no bowl, I just fill the sink.

Love washing up, nails always look immaculate...spring water as well, so soft on the skin.

ps. And no water bill 👍

Got to have a bowl in there. Need the option to hoy summick down the drain. Like the pan half full of water mixed with who knows what that some prick (me) hid in the oven & forgot about.

Washing up bowls - I remember them, IIRC they were very popular until aroundthe time the dishwasher was invented and then for some reason seemed to just fade away. :lol:

Seriously though, just run under a tap? apart from the 'how do you do the cleaning' aspect, imagine how much water/money that wastes. Anything we're hand washing we just fill the sink, pain in the arse if the plug gets dragged out tbf.
I do use a bowl tbh, live alone and my sink is huge so makes more sense to use a bowl as it's a lot smaller so uses less water.

...and hoy the washing up on a pulley...
Pulleys are great. Put one in my old flat and it was really useful. Just put the laundry on and lift it up out the way.

Can’t have one now as the rooms are modern standard height. Old flat ceilings were 3.8 metres up so loads of space.

Back