Washing up bowls.

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43869

Anybody else use a bowl in their sink to wash up?

Is there a f***ing point to it?

I'm just about done with this and prepared to divorce my wife over it unless she can explain why washing stuff in a bowl is preferable to just sticking the plates under a flow of water from the tap...

I'm just about done with this and prepared to divorce my wife over it unless she can explain why washing stuff in a bowl is preferable to just sticking the plates under a flow of water from the tap...
No, I just use the sink.

We use a sink mat and fill the sink up instead. We have two washing up bowls: one is used for bowking, when somebody is ill in bed, the other is used for steam inhalation.

I just use the sink. I don't see the point of them for washing up. Plus you need somewhere else to put it when you're not washing up, as you still need to use the sink for handwashing, draining pans etc.

I use a washing up bowl for washing the dogs paws at the front door in muddy weather.

Washing up bowls - I remember them, IIRC they were very popular until aroundthe time the dishwasher was invented and then for some reason seemed to just fade away. :lol:

Seriously though, just run under a tap? apart from the 'how do you do the cleaning' aspect, imagine how much water/money that wastes. Anything we're hand washing we just fill the sink, pain in the arse if the plug gets dragged out tbf.

Washing up bowls - I remember them, IIRC they were very popular until aroundthe time the dishwasher was invented and then for some reason seemed to just fade away. :lol:

Seriously though, just run under a tap? apart from the 'how do you do the cleaning' aspect, imagine how much water/money that wastes. Anything we're hand washing we just fill the sink, pain in the arse if the plug gets dragged out tbf.
Don't get me started on dishwashers. Once you've scraped all the stuff in the bin, rinsed the plates and stacked it in the tray you may as well have just used the sink anyway.

Don't get me started on dishwashers. Once you've scraped all the stuff in the bin, rinsed the plates and stacked it in the tray you may as well have just used the sink anyway.

Just this very evening I tried to explain for the umpteenth time why even a cursory removal of foodstuffs might allow the dishwasher a fair crack at reaching the end of its guarantee without being useless. But no, it all goes straight in...

I just feel weird not having a bowl in there

I need to have two sinks, one with a bowl that I use for the washing up proper

Just this very evening I tried to explain for the umpteenth time why even a cursory removal of foodstuffs might allow the dishwasher a fair crack at reaching the end of its guarantee without being useless. But no, it all goes straight in...
dishwashers give me anxiety, argue with my best friend about it all the time
I just prefer washing up by hand
I bet they don't swear at you.
no they don't, and not because they have a vagina, it's because they are inanimate objects

Back