Washing machine issues

Casper

Midfield
Need help with washing machine.

Had a bit of a nightmare. Bought a washing machine from currys last week. Didn't have all the pipework in so got a plumber to come out to install the pipework and install washing machine. He did it all paid him.

Couple of washes in and the thing is jumping around all over to the point where it jumped into the wall and damaged the plaster.

After doing a bit of research it seems the problem was the transport bolts had not been taken out. I've now got them out but the machine has started to piss out water during a cycle.

I've not really got any comeback with the plumber as it's my word against his.

Hotpoint will come out but if they realise it is self inflicted they will charge me £60 for wasting time basically.

Does anyone know anything about this? The water is pissing down the inside back when it is being pumped out of the machine?

Already shelled out £500 so it's a massive wounder!

Had a bit of a nightmare. Bought a washing machine from currys last week. Didn't have all the pipework in so got a plumber to come out to install the pipework and install washing machine. He did it all paid him.

Couple of washes in and the thing is jumping around all over to the point where it jumped into the wall and damaged the plaster.

After doing a bit of research it seems the problem was the transport bolts had not been taken out. I've now got them out but the machine has started to piss out water during a cycle.

Hotpoint will come out but if they realise it is self inflicted they will charge me £60 for wasting time basically.

Does anyone know anything about this? The water is pissing down the inside back when it is being pumped out of the machine?

I bite lads

Get your husband to do it?

ouch. Just installed one myself :cool:

Think you're going to be in with a repair bill, unless your plumber coughs it up. No way Hotpoint aren't going to realise that its because the transport bolts weren't removed. New washers come with big fuck off warning stickers, books, and all sorts about removing the bolts and sometimes a block underneath too. You might be lucky and the waste pipe has disconnected while your washer was doing the conga. Have you had a look at the pipes?

Unlucky mate :(

There are 2 separate issues.

If you paid a plumber for pipework then he isn’t responsible for problems with the machine. If the pipework is sound then the problem is the hose to the machine or the machine itself.

Did you pay the plumber to install the machine too? If he didn’t remove the packing bolts then you may have a case.

If it was you who didn’t remove the bolts then I’m afraid that there would have been ample warnings from the manufacturer.

If you have left the 4 transport bolts in and put it through a cycle with clothes in it could well be a write off. Did you not read the quick fit guide which comes with it. Ring hotpoint/currys and tell them its broke.

Have you balanced it out so it doesent wobble using the adjustable feet on the bottom. If it isnt on the 4 feet it will wobble and move also. The water could be a loose connection on the water pipe on the back of the washer.

Get yersel a Poss tub.
Guaranteed never to break down and great exercise to boot.

Already shelled out £500 so it's a massive wounder

Buy an identical machine
Carefully un pack it
Repack the goosed one
then return as unused
It works trust me

Back