Was Thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexander

Striker
With the board having been around for as long as it has and with new members signing up all the time. As well as some of us getting on a bit with memories maybe suffering slightly, too. There are bound to be lots of old threads that didn't make it to the Gold section from years gone by that are worth re-visiting.

Would it not be nice to have a This Week in SMB History thread with a few links to old threads so new and old members could re-visit and see what the board talked about a year ago, three years ago, five years ago or ten years ago ?

I read a thread earlier on that I had forgotten all about. It had me in many giggles reading it again. And it was only a year old. There must be lots more of these threads hiding around the board. Why not bring them back into our memories for fun a giggles ? Doesn't matter if they are long locked. I had forgotten a very funny thread from just a year ago. God knows what I have forgotten about from even longer back.

Are you volunteering to do this?

:lol: I had a feeling it wouldn't be doable as it would take a lot of time to get going. Just thought it might be a good idea to resurrect older, interesting threads for new and old members to visit and re-visit. There are lots of them about no doubt. Newspapers do this every day with columns of This Day in History so the idea itself isn't novel. But I appreciate it would take time to set up. Unfortunately time isn't on my side so I will pass it on.

Thanks for replying.

I do think it is a good idea, but as you obviously realise it would take a considerable amount of effort and dedication to make it happen.

I do think it is a good idea, but as you obviously realise it would take a considerable amount of effort and dedication to make it happen.
What would need doing do you need to know how to build a website?

Or is it simply compiling old threads into a date ordered catalogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back