Was there a new Watmore song?

We were sat in the North stand for a change today so couldn’t really hear the words properly but it sounded like a new Watmore song. Anyone?

South Stand were singing this

For Brazil he should play Danny Collins,
for Brazil he should play up front,
for Brazil he should play Danny Collins,
'cos Danny Collins is a skilful c**t.

But for Watmore

"There's only one Duncan Watmore", probably.

The South Stand's a bit void of creativity nowadays.
I know this is tongue in cheek, but I actually think some trying to be too "creative" is harming the atmosphere at times. I know it's freezing, but the atmosphere is a bit flat. I've moved along a bit to family zone with bairn, so not exactly singing all game myself, although the boy gets into it if it's a chant he knows and no swear words :lol:. What I don't think helps with atmosphere, is the persistence with chants like "2 teachers had a dream/16 titles still going strong" or "sunderland boys we're cock of the north". They're a bit shit to say the least and people just aren't going to join in, in any significant numbers. If the atmosphere was good to start with, then maybe, but you can't beat the traditional chants we've sang for years and that has a better chance of creating an atmosphere first. Happens quite a bit, where we have good chance or some decent play and crowd get excited, then chant starts "2 teachers had a dream......" Kills atmosphere and you actually see people look as if to say "not this shit". You wouldn't hear either at an away game for eg.

Rant over anyway :lol: Haway the lads!!!!

Last edited:
I know this is tongue in cheek, but I actually think some trying to be too "creative" is harming the atmosphere at times. I know it's freezing, but the atmosphere is a bit flat. I've moved along a bit to family zone with bairn, so not exactly singing all game myself, although the boy gets into it if it's a chant he knows and no swear words :lol:. What I don't think helps with atmosphere, is the persistence with chants like "2 teachers had a dream/16 titles still going strong" or "sunderland boys we're cock of the north". They're a bit shit to say the least and people just aren't going to join in, in any significant numbers. If the atmosphere was good to start with, then maybe, but you can't beat the traditional chants we've sang for years and that has a better chance of creating an atmosphere first. Happens quite a bit, where we have good chance or some decent play and crowd get excited, then chant starts "2 teachers had a dream......" Kills atmosphere and you actually see people look as if to say "not this shit". You wouldn't hear either at an away game for eg.

Rant over anyway :lol: Haway the lads!!!!
Why not just join in with the new songs too?

Why not just join in with the new songs too?
Because they're canny shit tbh and I don't really want them to be chants for my team. We have plenty that have been sang for 30+years. Every so often there is a canny chant that people like and gets going. These particular chants don't and kill atmosphere immediately.

You hear none of these sang at away games. Same group singing them at home games, no one joins in and any significant numbers.
It’s also that same group that starts any of the songs that do get going, if they’re quiet then the whole stadium generally is, if you want the more popular songs started then get them started.

Back