Was at a wedding yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time ago I was asked to shoot a wedding of a friend of mine and politely declined. ( I don't shoot weddings and I have no experience of photographing black people, and she's very dark)

Anyway, we were invited to the wedding yesterday afternoon, late afternoon outdoors on a golf course followed by the reception as it got dark.

The photographers (there were two of them) that she'd hired were directing everything by shouting at the guests and the couple, but I couldn't help noticing that they were sharing a low end DSLR with a kit lens and pop up flash.

So I watched them.

Every portrait shot they took, they had their hands over the flash and clearly didn't know how to hold a camera. Not only that, not once did they check the picture or the histogram on the screen.

Just before we left a couple of people came over to me to ask if I'd noticed what they were doing - it seems it went unnoticed by the couple, and just about nobody else. To my shame I didn't pull them up on it because I didn't want to cause a scene, and the woman tog looked like she'd beat the crap out of me.

I think my extra wedding present may have to be a restaged set of shots for my friend and her new hubby.

:evil:

Your fault - should have said yes when they asked :p

Only kidding, they just sound like another rogue trader lot like was mentioned a few weeks ago. Never know, depending on their PP skills they might get away with it. Hope not like, these phoneys need to be outed!

You buy a camera, and you're a photographer though, right? ;)

I've been asked a couple of times to do weddings. My standard reply has been... 'not while there's a hole in my arse' Life's too short :-D

I've been doing some weddings recently as a second shooter for a mate recently to earn some gear money. All I have to do is a few staged things before the wedding, a couple of wide shots at the ceremony, and maybe hold a reflector here and there.

You could not pay me enough money to do it on my own. Aside from the stress of worrying about ruining someone's wedding shots, there's just so much that can go wrong and the guests can be a f***ing nightmare. People don't seem to get that it's not the photogropher that they're f***ing over by being a dick, it's the bride and groom who've spent thousands for the shot that they're refusing to move out of the way for. :evil:

I've been doing some weddings recently as a second shooter for a mate recently to earn some gear money. All I have to do is a few staged things before the wedding, a couple of wide shots at the ceremony, and maybe hold a reflector here and there.

You could not pay me enough money to do it on my own. Aside from the stress of worrying about ruining someone's wedding shots, there's just so much that can go wrong and the guests can be a f***ing nightmare. People don't seem to get that it's not the photogropher that they're f***ing over by being a dick, it's the bride and groom who've spent thousands for the shot that they're refusing to move out of the way for. :evil:

People were complaining about our photographer being 'bossy'

Fact is, you have to be to get the job done. She did a fantastic job

Must be a nightmare controlling guests

Some time ago I was asked to shoot a wedding of a friend of mine and politely declined. ( I don't shoot weddings and I have no experience of photographing black people, and she's very dark)
Racist. :lol: ;) Well, someone had to...

Know what you mean though - everyone with a DSLR is a photographer nowadays...

AB22 Easy Tiger said:
:lol: A very black woman in a very white dress is pretty difficult to light properly.

HDR is your friend. Now, I'm sure I've got a link to some fabulous examples... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back