Warzone 2.0

hudson88

Striker
Thoughts?

A number of teething issues with being able to invite friends to party, kicking whole party out after games, finding games and also for myself randomly coming up saying I didn’t have the game installed, but I suppose issues should be expected initially.

Took me a while to get used to the pace of the game, I hated Caldera so was used to playing Rebirth and Fortunes Keep which was much faster paced. Going to take a bit of time to get used to the mechanics of it all, and of course how big the map is to familiarise with POI.

Not tried it yet, only seen some videos but it just looks like a new map for Warzone and not exactly Warzone 2.0.

Took us ages to get a party of 3 on Xbox series X into a game. It’s decent but hate starting out with crap weapons when those that have grinder MWII pay to win with levelled up guns in their load outs.

We ended up playing the DMZ mode instead which is absolutely immense. Highly recommended!!

Thoughts?

A number of teething issues with being able to invite friends to party, kicking whole party out after games, finding games and also for myself randomly coming up saying I didn’t have the game installed, but I suppose issues should be expected initially.

Took me a while to get used to the pace of the game, I hated Caldera so was used to playing Rebirth and Fortunes Keep which was much faster paced. Going to take a bit of time to get used to the mechanics of it all, and of course how big the map is to familiarise with POI.
It’s much slower and the loot system is very different. I like how if you can’t be 1 shot downed if you have a purple 3 chest plate. There are issues with joining parties etc but overall I really enjoyed last night.

I can imagine others will be frustrated or bored with the slower pace, but I personally love it.

Not tried it yet, only seen some videos but it just looks like a new map for Warzone and not exactly Warzone 2.0.
It’s 100% a new game. You have to try it to understand. The movement and looting are completely different.
Took us ages to get a party of 3 on Xbox series X into a game. It’s decent but hate starting out with crap weapons when those that have grinder MWII pay to win with levelled up guns in their load outs.

We ended up playing the DMZ mode instead which is absolutely immense. Highly recommended!!
Yeah I had issues with parties last last night too. I’ll need to try the DMZ mode. Not tried it yet.

Last edited:
It’s much slower and the loot system is very different. I like how if you can’t be 1 shot downed if you have a purple 3 chest plate. There are issues with joining parties etc but overall I really enjoyed last night.

I can imagine others will be frustrated or bored with the slower pace, but I personally love it.

It’s 100% a new game. You have to try it to understand. The movement and looting are completely different.

Yeah I had issues with parties last last night too. I’ll need to try the DMZ mode. Not tried it yet.
Deffo give it a go. Mix of AI and a few real players/squads

I have to say I much prefer the old looting system. They’ve made it over-complicated and cumbersome imo

After 12/18 months of only really playing resurgence maps, it was weird sitting spectating for so long last night.
Deffo give it a go. Mix of AI and a few real players/squads

I have to say I much prefer the old looting system. They’ve made it over-complicated and cumbersome imo

Yeah, really not a fan of the looting system but I imagine I’ll get used to it given time

Last night was terrible trying to get 4 players together in a party, then waiting ages for a game ( I think we got on twice in 1 hour) randomly kicking people out, new battle pass tokens were showing for some not for others, hopefully it’s improved today

Played a few DMZ games this morning. Seems a lot smoother than it was last night and no squad connection issues. Hopefully it continues for the foreseeable

I'm assuming this is a completely obvious question but do you have to buy the new COD to access the new Warzone? Went on last night but seems I need the full new game. Bit crap you can't continue with the old Warzone Rebirth..

I'm assuming this is a completely obvious question but do you have to buy the new COD to access the new Warzone? Went on last night but seems I need the full new game. Bit crap you can't continue with the old Warzone Rebirth..

The new Warzone map (Al-Mazrah) is free.

The old Warzone (Caldera, Rebirth and Fortunes Keep) have gone. It says it’s offline until November 28th (I think) but it doesn’t appear as though Rebirth Island or Fortunes Keep will be returning. Rumours of a new resurgence map mid-2023

The new Warzone map (Al-Mazrah) is free.

The old Warzone (Caldera, Rebirth and Fortunes Keep) have gone. It says it’s offline until November 28th (I think) but it doesn’t appear as though Rebirth Island or Fortunes Keep will be returning. Rumours of a new resurgence map mid-2023
I'm baffled by that, If i try and access Warzone 2.0 (using the old CoD) it just brings up a message and tries to direct me to the Xbox Game Store suggesting you need to purchase the new CoD to play the new Warzone map..

I'm baffled by that, If i try and access Warzone 2.0 (using the old CoD) it just brings up a message and tries to direct me to the Xbox Game Store suggesting you need to purchase the new CoD to play the new Warzone map..

Yeah go to the store and select warzone 2.0 and it says free
Enjoying it up to now like. DMZ is weird but enjoying it. Totally different gameplay. Loads smoother

Last edited:
Fully appreciate that the most likely answer is that I’m shit at it but how is it that if I blast someone three or four times they don’t die whereas the second they put a shit or two on me I’m down?

Total newbie here but other than the different levelled guns is there some way that other players are able to level up their weapons considerably faster than I am able to? Feels like I’m operating with a peashooter at times!

Fully appreciate that the most likely answer is that I’m shit at it but how is it that if I blast someone three or four times they don’t die whereas the second they put a shit or two on me I’m down?

Total newbie here but other than the different levelled guns is there some way that other players are able to level up their weapons considerably faster than I am able to? Feels like I’m operating with a peashooter at times!

Some guns have a faster time to kill than others.

Also they could be hitting you in the head and you hitting them in the chest/legs which would mean you die quicker (not saying you are shit lol)

Also are you looting for a 3 plate vest?

They might have 3 plates on vs your 2 if you have a standard vest?

Some guns have a faster time to kill than others.

Also they could be hitting you in the head and you hitting them in the chest/legs which would mean you die quicker (not saying you are shit lol)

Also are you looting for a 3 plate vest?

They might have 3 plates on vs your 2 if you have a standard vest?
Aye, always make the 3 plates a priority upon landing. Think practise might be the key and learning the map. I’ve only played a handful of games and head for the same area. Once the circle moves me out of that I haven’t got a clue as I’m so unfamiliar with it. Managed a 4th today but it was hardly due to much skill - more picking a few off and bunkering down until there were 10 left, getting a bit lucky and nearly flukeing an unlikely win. 👍

Aye, always make the 3 plates a priority upon landing. Think practise might be the key and learning the map. I’ve only played a handful of games and head for the same area. Once the circle moves me out of that I haven’t got a clue as I’m so unfamiliar with it. Managed a 4th today but it was hardly due to much skill - more picking a few off and bunkering down until there were 10 left, getting a bit lucky and nearly flukeing an unlikely win. 👍

Sounds like you might just be coming up against good players

Keep at it 💪

Back