Warning - Libellous posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very good question. To my knowledge I'd only ever given it to a couple of people who needed it because I was buying a match ticket from them or was working with them on a musical project. As far as I was aware none of those people were friendly enough with the people I was arguing with to give my number to them. There's one in particular that I now have slight suspicions about whether or not it was him, but he seemed a sound lad at the time, (and occasionally still does) so I don't know.

No idea how they got my address. The only thing I could think of at the time was that Bristow or one of his cronies was particularly friendly with one or more of the mods/admins on here and they'd given him my ip address or used it to find my actual address. It would explain why he was allowed to keep coming back with new usernames without being instantly banned again.

I've just spotted this and yours is a very serious accusation.

I think it's highly unlikely that any moderator would divulge personal information in the way you suggest and the gaffer has been quite clear on this matter with us mods in the past.

Nevertheless if you felt that that was the case then you should have reported your suspicions to @Roger.

Last edited:

I've met "Bristow" a couple of times as have some of the other mods, but I really can't see any of them sharing IP addresses with him - they were all far more likely to ban him!

I would really love to know how you can find someone's address and telephone number from an IP address (Unless you work for MI5 or an ISP)

I've just not seen it on this board anywhere... either didn't happen or I have complete blinkers on.
Just happened to come across this thread (I didn't realize there were so many other sections outside of the regular message forum), and I can tell you that in my short time here I have seen it a lot. Don't believe me, just look at my "Non-British Posters?" thread. A bunch of people on there accusing me of being some other poster and just being right down nasty. Nothing I couldn't handle because I've dealt with worse shit in my life, but that's not really the point. I've seen the way some of these posters turn into a pack of angry pitbulls - they hone in on a poster and do their best to tear them to pieces. Good thing is that I think most people on here can handle it, because after all, it's just an internet message board. But I can see how someone could really get affected by that shit.

Just happened to come across this thread (I didn't realize there were so many other sections outside of the regular message forum), and I can tell you that in my short time here I have seen it a lot. Don't believe me, just look at my "Non-British Posters?" thread. A bunch of people on there accusing me of being some other poster and just being right down nasty. Nothing I couldn't handle because I've dealt with worse shit in my life, but that's not really the point. I've seen the way some of these posters turn into a pack of angry pitbulls - they hone in on a poster and do their best to tear them to pieces. Good thing is that I think most people on here can handle it, because after all, it's just an internet message board. But I can see how someone could really get affected by that shit.
You have to keep your wits about you on here marra I can tell you, don't ever take anything personal is my advice and stand your ground its only a group of Sunderland supporters having a bit of a laugh and its hilarious sometimes. Everybody is on here for different reasons and sometimes people clash big style in some cases but there is a small group who are assholes and want nothing but misery and hurt, don't get them mixed up with the posters with really dry sense of humours a few on here are canny lads but come across really negatively.

@becs treatment was a bloody disgrace.

Strangely or maybe not most of those involved are on my ignore list.

One who was involved was a surprise to me and disappointed me as I had them down as a quality poster.

People say just let it wash away but at times that is difficult to do.

There are a few on here just post to upset.

You are right on the pack of hours mentality. I've had that a few times, where I'm convinced it's done by pm, then they arrive

Dare call a certain permentatly banned poster , bristow, and they descend.

I've noticed in my time, how more and more politically motivated threads are arriving which just end up in utter bollocks.

Ive been called a racist, dog nonce, liar and worst of all skyboy

Strangely those who lash those comments out, just need to look in a mirror to find, what they accuse me of.

The racist slur occured when I questioned the Nazi propensity to feed populist propaganda.

For that I was accused of being a racist

Last edited by a moderator:

One who was involved was a surprise to me and disappointed me as I had them down as a quality poster.

You are right on the pack of hours mentality. I've had that a few times, where I'm convinced it's done by pm, then they arrive

I've noticed in my time, how more and more politically motivated threads are arriving which just end up in utter bollocks.

Strangely those who lash those comments out, just need to look in a mirror to find, what they accuse me of.

The racist slur occured when I questioned the Nazi propensity to feed populist propaganda.

They hide behind the keyboard and anonymity gives them courage. Others join in and it only makes them become even more nasty.

Ultimately, it's just a handful of fuckers and I really couldn't give two shits about what they have to say. Most of the posters on here are nice and funny as hell. Crazy as fuck, yes, but very hospitable as well. Most are more than happy to jump at the opportunity to teach this American the ways of the world as a Brit or a Mackem or both:D

They hide behind the keyboard and anonymity gives them courage. Others join in and it only makes them become even more nasty.

Ultimately, it's just a handful of fuckers and I really couldn't give two shits about what they have to say. Most of the posters on here are nice and funny as hell. Crazy as fuck, yes, but very hospitable as well. Most are more than happy to jump at the opportunity to teach this American the ways of the world as a Brit or a Mackem or both:D
Well said marra.

It was one of the board's tough lads so I didn't think I was hurting anyone's feelings. I suppose it could have been seen as flirting, but that wasn't where I was at!

I broke the rules trying to be funny. Not the first time and not the last ;)
Was that me by any chance? Bearing in mind what the warning was for :lol:

Not that I would report anyone - in fact I don't recall ever reporting someone for abuse I've received, I've clicked report a couple of times for unfair abuse of others, but even then it's rare.

They get plenty of stick but I reckon the mods do a decent job all told. I've only had three warnings in 7 years on here and all of them were well deserved - I even reported myself for one of them ffs :lol:

Was that me by any chance? Bearing in mind what the warning was for :lol:

Not that I would report anyone - in fact I don't recall ever reporting someone for abuse I've received, I've clicked report a couple of times for unfair abuse of others, but even then it's rare.

They get plenty of stick but I reckon the mods do a decent job all told. I've only had three warnings in 7 years on here and all of them were well deserved - I even reported myself for one of them ffs :lol:
I said tough lads man! I think it was one of Pip or Rocky. Big gobs but the sensitive souls of poets.

Tbf you've always taken mickey taking incredibly well young mux. An inspiration to us all :cool:

Your posts may well be witty and sophisticated but now and again I see an open goal for a double entendre or taking the piss.

All done out of love :lol:

I said tough lads man! I think it was one of Pip or Rocky. Big gobs but the sensitive souls of poets.

Tbf you've always taken mickey taking incredibly well young mux. An inspiration to us all :cool:

Your posts may well be witty and sophisticated but now and again I see an open goal for a double entendre or taking the piss.

Always well received Horsy lad... ermm.. I mean.. errr :lol:

@becs is still on here she just doesnt post as much, a small handful of posters on here seem to have targeted her and persistantly taunt her, I have the same trouble however I enjoy the attention as long as they dont go too far, but I can see why it would do her head in.
Maybe people would like you if you actually went to the gym.

Maybe people would like you if you actually went to the gym.
<<<< Click here only been on here 2 years today and have over 5000 likes marra so people do like me regardless if I go to the gym.

<<<< Click here only been on here 2 years today and have over 5000 likes marra so people do like me regardless if I go to the gym.
It's all about posts to likes ratio. Any old blagger can post boat loads of nonsense and eventually get some likes.

The true quality posters have the ratio nailed :cool:

It's all about posts to likes ratio. Any old blagger can post boat loads of nonsense and eventually get some likes.

The true quality posters have the ratio nailed :cool:
Nice one marra

It worked 5000 times over 2 years for me.

Areet Bristow, lad?

Have you definitely got the right poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back