Warning for Inappropriate Behaviour....

• Thread starter Deleted member 26
  • Start date
Isn't that a bit of a problem ? One mod gives a warning for swearing, whilst another doesn't ?

Why doesn't the warning actually say "swearing" rather than "inappropriate behaviour" and why isn't swearing just blanket banned or use the mod/admin forum tools to block swearing ?

I don't mean to chuck it all at you personally, it's just that you seem to be actually answering these concerns :lol:
I've also thought about this, I suppose being a mod you have to be a judge aswell so different mods will give out different sentences like a judges do. I don't know tbh.

I've also thought about this, I suppose being a mod you have to be a judge aswell so different mods will give out different sentences like a judges do. I don't know tbh.

Well yeah but if you're gonna get a warning for swearing then just ban swearing or make use of the forum tools to block swear words, you can't have one swear be ok but another swear isn't, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Well yeah but if you're gonna get a warning for swearing then just ban swearing or make use of the forum tools to block swear words, you can't have one swear be ok but another swear isn't, that doesn't make any sense at all.
I don't think they want to ban swearing as swearing is cool and everybody knows it but when posters use swear words to be hurtful and personal to other posters that's what causes the problem.

Isn't that a bit of a problem ? One mod gives a warning for swearing, whilst another doesn't ?

Why doesn't the warning actually say "swearing" rather than "inappropriate behaviour" and why isn't swearing just blanket banned or use the mod/admin forum tools to block swearing ?

I don't mean to chuck it all at you personally, it's just that you seem to be actually answering these concerns :lol:

Yes, it's not a perfect system and with the number of mods compared to the traffic on here, inevitably a lot slips through the net.

Add to that the human element and each individual's approach or interpretation of context then there are bound to be apparent inconsistencies.

Having said all that there is a link to the board's t&cs at the bottom of every page and if you do post anything that could be construed as offensive then you will always run the risk of a warning.

If it's a swear word then the warning should state inappropriate language.

Hope this helps.

I don't think they want to ban swearing as swearing is cool and everybody knows it but when posters use swear words to be hurtful and personal to other posters that's what causes the problem.

Swearing is class, I love swearing but context is subjective and not conducive to fair and consistent moderation.

Using the f-word really emphasises a point but if one mod thinks is sounds offensive you get an indistinct wishy-washy warning.

The T & C state "likely to offend" so just block all swear words, or warn everyone that swears, not just one guy coz you don't like him and let another swear coz he's git canny.

Swearing is class, I love swearing but context is subjective and not conducive to fair and consistent moderation.

Using the f-word really emphasises a point but if one mod thinks is sounds offensive you get an indistinct wishy-washy warning.

The T & C state "likely to offend" so just block all swear words, or warn everyone that swears, not just one guy coz you don't like him and let another swear coz he's git canny.
Tell it to the judge.

It could be if you banned all swearing, that's kind of what I'm getting at, it's not a perfect system but with a small change it could be way more consistent.
Do you want swearing to be banned?

Of course it's subjective but it's a better system than say a complete ban on certain words which in my opinion would have members leaving in droves.

And context is everything.

A "hadaway and get fucked man" between mates in a pub is a completely different animal to a spittle flecked fuck off between comparative strangers. The first would probably pass without comment whereas the second almost certainly would not.

It's not too different to this place.

The identity of the poster should not come into it, although a very small number of recidivists on here could test the patience of a saint.

Thanks for unbanning me :lol:

I’ve learned me lesson

I should have left you to stew yer daft bugger.

Of course it's subjective but it's a better system than say a complete ban on certain words which in my opinion would have members leaving in droves.

What word gets people the most warnings?

I think a complete ban on the f-word (and the c-word) leaves room for lesser swear words to be used which would result in zero warnings and isn't subjective, I could tell you to go get f_ked or niceonemarra to go get f_cked, one of those is far, far more likely to get me a ban, whereas if I was to tell either of you to haddaway-n-shite, neither of those will get a warning.

Consistency is everything, not context.

What word gets people the most warnings?

I think a complete ban on the f-word (and the c-word) leaves room for lesser swear words to be used which would result in zero warnings and isn't subjective, I could tell you to go get f_ked or niceonemarra to go get f_cked, one of those is far, far more likely to get me a ban, whereas if I was to tell either of you to haddaway-n-shite, neither of those will get a warning.

Consistency is everything, not context.
Cannot ban swear words for feck sake it’s a football forum, don’t like it then lump it should be the motto

Cannot ban swear words for feck sake it’s a football forum, don’t like it then lump it should be the motto

I love swearing but you get a warning sometimes for swearing and sometimes you don't, so I agree, pick yes to swearing or no to swearing but definitely don't pick sometimes you can, sometimes you can't to swearing, that's the worst possible solution.

I could tell you to go get f_ked or niceonemarra to go get f_cked, one of those is far, far more likely to get me a banQUOTE]
:cool:

The identity of the poster should not come into it, although a very small number of recidivists on here could test the patience of a saint.
So you have some peoples cards marked, I hope I'm not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back