War of the Worlds (BBC)

What a pile of shite.

Episode 1 was decent

This final episode is utter chod

jesus that was bad.... if shite could produce shite, we talking multiple levels of shite

All that to see a ray of sunshine at the end?!?
They should have commissioned series three of Tripods - that couldn’t have been any worse

Well, this series has done something that I doubted to be possible; it has made me understand what might the thinking of the so-called ignored and left behind. I don't suppose that is what was intended, but hey...

Oh yeah, and the acting was third rate, the dialogue was poor and the plot non-existent.

Well that was a poor Dr Who episode , shame as I was expecting a tad more from the BEEB.
I didn’t even realise it was the last episode until I read it here, i was expecting another, pleased there’s not mind.

jesus that was bad.... if shite could produce shite, we talking multiple levels of shite

All that to see a ray of sunshine at the end?!?
They should have commissioned series three of Tripods - that couldn’t have been any worse
Didn't see the Sun for years but Robert Carlyle could look at Mars every night

So bad, I found myself wanting the Martians to win.
So did I. Just to kill them both and put it out if it’s misery. I can’t even tell you what happened last nigh, I kept zoning out it was so bad. And someone please tell me that bit comparing the invasion with us conquering the fuzzy wuzzies is in the book, and wasn’t just a pile of steaming BBC PC bullshit?

So did I. Just to kill them both and put it out if it’s misery. I can’t even tell you what happened last nigh, I kept zoning out it was so bad. And someone please tell me that bit comparing the invasion with us conquering the fuzzy wuzzies is in the book, and wasn’t just a pile of steaming BBC PC bullshit?

I'm not sure it's so explicit in the book but colonialism was a major inspiration behind Wells Writing it (specifically the effect of British settlers on native Tasmanians).

Utter crap. I just wish someone would do a screen version thats faithful to the book. I had high hopes for this BBC version but it was terrible.

Tom Cruise version is probably the best in its own right, but its still sod all like the book.

Back