Wandavision

Could slap a Marvel logo on a dog turd and most would rave about its brilliance, though.
Agree with you tbh. I was also reading a marvel fan site the other day. The pressure from fans on Disney to bring RDJ back as Iron Man is quite overwhelming apparently but I agree with the directors who said to write a fancy resurrection trick into the End Game story goes completely against the self sacrifice story. They’d be no point in the audience worrying about a superhero dying if they did what the fans wanted.
Yeah I know I went miles off topic sorry.

Agree with you tbh. I was also reading a marvel fan site the other day. The pressure from fans on Disney to bring RDJ back as Iron Man is quite overwhelming apparently but I agree with the directors who said to write a fancy resurrection trick into the End Game story goes completely against the self sacrifice story. They’d be no point in the audience worrying about a superhero dying is they did what the fans wanted.
Yeah I know I went miles off topic sorry.
Well, it wouldn't be the first time they've used resurrection or time travel to get themselves out of a hole they've written themselves into, in fairness.

Enjoying it so far, and like the fact that its totally different to the other Marvel stuff. If it had been a scaled down movie of Wanda and Vision I doubt I'd have bothered, but the seeming trip through styles of TV sitcom is one that appeals and the two leads have been great in creating that feel.
No idea where it's going though.

It's clearly not going to stick with the different sitcom format every week. The gimmick will wear thin very quickly. Oh god, what if they do a Mrs Brown's Boys episode?

We'll be out into the MCU proper before the end of the series.
Seems canny so far, mind I've not watched any of the avengers films. Do I need to, to know what's garn on?

Vision is dead in the real world, as far as we know. It's a lot more complicated but that's the basic premise.

Rewatched the first two episodes and I think I have a theory that may explain those weird adverts.

From what I have read this series ties into the next Doctor Strange film (The Multiverse Of Madness) which is supposed to introduce Mephisto (Marvel's personification of Satan/The Devil) into the MCU.

I think Wanda has been captured by Mephisto and the 1960s setting is probably something like a hellscape designed by him to brainwash Wanda into using her reality altering powers to restore the mind stone. (There are glimpses of the mind stone throughout the episodes).

The two adverts represent periods of her life. The first one represents her two parents that were killed by a Stark Industries missile (toaster built by SI and started beeping and went pop, the womans face changed to a hint of terror before the toaster popped!)
The Hydra watch crafted by Struker - Represents the time she & her brother Pietro were in the hands of Hydra and they were "crafted" by Baron Struker into living weapons.

I could be way off track but I'm going to stick with it to see if I'm right. :lol:

Today’s episode is probably the best so far, definitely think Wanda has had a psychotic break. She lost her brother, Pietro, then the Vision. Then she lost her close friends Natasha, Steve and then Tony. So it all finally probably took a toll on her and she snapped.

Today’s episode is probably the best so far, definitely think Wanda has had a psychotic break. She lost her brother, Pietro, then the Vision. Then she lost her close friends Natasha, Steve and then Tony. So it all finally probably took a toll on her and she snapped.

Agree..l although I’m not sure about Tony though. The last interaction Wanda would have had with Stark was just before Steve, Wanda and the rest went on the run.

It needs to get going a bit. Episode 3 kicked things up a notch. It's a slow burner, but it's enjoyable enough so far.
Paul Bettany is class. As is Ms Olsen. Obviously
I think if the first couple episodes had been condensed into one (we get it, 50s sit com) it would have worked better.

Back