Walking

When the gyms closed in lockdown I started doing more walking, been up and about in the lakes a few times. Planning on a 14mile hike in the Pennines this weekend climbing up Cross Fell and Great Dun Fell.
If/when I ever have a day to myself then I’d like to have a fry-up then set out on an all-day walk/ramble to see how far I’d reach.

Then I’d probably ask a kindly taxi driver for a lift home.

If/when I ever have a day to myself then I’d like to have a fry-up then set out on an all-day walk/ramble to see how far I’d reach.

We do a 13-15 mile walk every weekend. 18 months ago I couldn’t walk half a mile without having to stop because of back pain so the fact I’m doing half marathon distances for fun is mind blowing.

65 lbs down now. Literally none of my clothes fit now :lol:
Any Pics of you in the buff?

I lost about 2 stones in weight about 5 years ago but I kept some of my old clothes ‘just in case’. Ever since I have mainly bought cheapo clobber from primark, tk*maxx, fat mike’s as my weight and size can fluctuate depending on if I concentrate on running or weight training.

Do you take a dog on your walks?

Any Pics of you in the buff?

I lost about 2 stones in weight about 5 years ago but I kept some of my old clothes ‘just in case’. Ever since I have mainly bought cheapo clobber from primark, tk*maxx, fat mike’s as my weight and size can fluctuate depending on if I concentrate on running or weight training.

Do you take a dog on your walks?
I was going to make a wife joke but she’d probably kill me :lol:

I’m still knocking on for 17 stone - before lockdown I’d just given up really. Wasn’t looking after myself in any way shape or form and just felt sorry for myself. Thought that I wouldn’t be able to lose weight because of my back surgeries in the past. Took a while to understand that weight loss is 80% diet - once that clicked me and the missus were away. She’s lost about 40 lbs.

Now I walk about 5.5 miles on weekdays and 13-15 on a weekend and do 4 nights at the gym - mainly weights but about 15-20 mins cardio to warm up.

When I was in my late 20s I was 14st7lb
i changed my diet and trained and played football
I got to 10st13 lb
I was fit but never had a wash board stomache
ive had a reasonable diet over the years but had many lapses
I was 19 st but lost 2st7lb
now fighting to keep under 17st
pits not easy

When I was working down south I would walk up (or down) the River Lea for about 8 or 9 miles each night (when it was light enough). I'd either end up in Cheshunt or Hertford. So just a couple of pints had and then hopped on the train back to Stanstead Abbotts.

Usually walk 8/9/10 miles a day at work
I’m starting to enjoy walking, now. It seems 7 miles a day is optimum for fat loss. More than that doesn’t hurt, either.

This is based on me eating the same thing every single day and being a total friggin nerd who has been putting how far I’ve been walking into spreadsheets for months along with body fat percentages etc.

Back