Walking up Hills etc.

As already mentioned alltrails is canny. When you do Ben Nevis go up via the CMD arête route. It’s hard work but it’s absolutely class, we went back down the more touristy path and it was absolutely packed and boring as ferk. Constantly stopping to give way for people and dogs.

Totally agree here mind. Did Nevis via CDM last year and it was great. Saw no one until the summit. While you’re there look into the Ring of Steall route. Another cracking day out.

Done Snowdon yesterday via Crib Goch, fantastic. On the way back today ended up stopping near Glossop and climbing Higher Shelf Stones to see the B29 crash site.
Doing it in 2 weeks and I’m buzzing for it like.

Today I done - Birkhouse fell > helvellyn via striding edge > lower man > white side > raise > stybarrow Dodd > hart side > Sheffield pike > heron pike > glenridding Dodd

12 miles of pure sunshine, happy days

Doing it in 2 weeks and I’m buzzing for it like.

Today I done - Birkhouse fell > helvellyn via striding edge > lower man > white side > raise > stybarrow Dodd > hart side > Sheffield pike > heron pike > glenridding Dodd

12 miles of pure sunshine, happy days
Aye nowt better like, sun and views for days, we had a swim in one of the tarns on the way down from Snowdon, refreshing as owt.

We've been up Great Hill in the West Pennine Moors today. First time we've been out for a proper walk since before lockdown. An easy 9 and a bit miles with a stop off at the Black Dog in Belmont for a pint of Two Hoots half way round.

Over the last 18 months with nowt better to do, I've got into walking/scrambling up big hills.

Was in the Lakes last weekend and did Sour Milk Gill up to Base Brown then Green Gable, Windy Pass and up Great Gable. My legs are absolutely fucked today.

We are sorting out doing Ben Nevis on August Bank holiday weekend. Anyone got any advice for some other routes to try in the mean time? Any good youtube channels/books/websites that I should be reading to get some inspiration for decent routes?
Would recommend downloading the All Trails app. Also if you're going to the highlands in August there are some good walks on this website

earlier on in the year we went to glastonbury for the week and did the tor, brean down and cheddar gorge and all of them i had to stop half way up as i thought i was going to have a heart attack. better to stick to the flat.

Heading down Haweswater Reservoir at the weekend to bag some of the hills round there, High Street being the biggest.

Pencilled in for Bowfell and Crinkle Crags in a few weeks time too.

The hills around Glencoe are stunning. Ben Nevis is just a slog - there’s loads of better hikes to do.

Buy the Munro’s book to identify targets and then use Walk Highlands on line to help with routes etc.

knocked off another couple of Munro’s round Drumochter at the weekend - virtually no one around and it was stunning.

Anyone done Anoch Eagach up fort William way? Buzzing to have a crack at it but didn’t get up this summer and unlikely to rest of the year.

Over the last 18 months with nowt better to do, I've got into walking/scrambling up big hills.

Was in the Lakes last weekend and did Sour Milk Gill up to Base Brown then Green Gable, Windy Pass and up Great Gable. My legs are absolutely fucked today.

We are sorting out doing Ben Nevis on August Bank holiday weekend. Anyone got any advice for some other routes to try in the mean time? Any good youtube channels/books/websites that I should be reading to get some inspiration for decent routes?
Wainwright.

We did Pen-y-Fan last week. It's pretty easy for 886m with great views and nice wide paths. Bloody busy though.

The mountains in national parks get full of townies. Do yourself a favour and head off the beaten track, e.g. Southern Uplands, Howgill fells, North Pennines and Cheviots. Kilhope Law and Cold Fell are Hewitts within an hour's drive of Sunderland and you will maybe see 1 or 2 people.

Wainwright.

We did Pen-y-Fan last week. It's pretty easy for 886m with great views and nice wide paths. Bloody busy though.

The mountains in national parks get full of townies. Do yourself a favour and head off the beaten track, e.g. Southern Uplands, Howgill fells, North Pennines and Cheviots. Kilhope Law and Cold Fell are Hewitts within an hour's drive of Sunderland and you will maybe see 1 or 2 people.
You should have done the horseshoe and done Corn Du, then Pen Y Fan, then Cribyn then Fan Y Big. There’s hardly anyone on those as everyone just goes for the cairn on Pen Y Fan.

Back