Walking up Hills etc.

Heading down Haweswater Reservoir at the weekend to bag some of the hills round there, High Street being the biggest.

Pencilled in for Bowfell and Crinkle Crags in a few weeks time too.

30km trek today 😊

As mentioned before you need go no further than walkhighlands for routes in Scotland. It really is an excellent site. You can download gps routes for your phone and get access to is 1:25000 maps when you sign up. Also let’s you log all the ones you do in a nice ‘Munro map’
Definitely do Ben Nevis via the CMD Arête, you won’t regret it. Stunning ridge approach and you avoid all the tourists going up the easy path.

Heading down Haweswater Reservoir at the weekend to bag some of the hills round there, High Street being the biggest.

Pencilled in for Bowfell and Crinkle Crags in a few weeks time too.
It’s a cracking climb up rough crag to high street from haweswater, loop back down via small water or take the longer route over harter fell and down gatescarth pass.

It’s a cracking climb up rough crag to high street from haweswater, loop back down via small water or take the longer route over harter fell and down gatescarth pass.
Check my post a couple posts back. Went up Riggindale Ridge to High Street, mopped up High Raise, Kidsty Pike and The Knott. Doubled back over High Street, done Harter Fell and down to Kentmere Pike then upto Branstree, Selside Pike and back to the reservoir. Was actually quite a lot of people around, I thought it would be quiet.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/3qCSQiNPhjb

Last edited:
Check my post a couple posts back. Went up Riggindale Ridge to High Street, mopped up High Raise, Kidsty Pike and The Knott. Doubled back over High Street, done Harter Fell and down to Kentmere Pike then upto Branstree, Selside Pike and back to the reservoir. Was actually quite a lot of people around, I thought it would be quiet.

Check out my activity on Strava: https://

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/3qCSQiNPhjb
That's quite a day! Like you say there have been a fair few visitors to the Far Easterns but but it’s still quiet in relation to other areas.
That's quite a day! Like you say there have been a fair few visitors to the Far Easterns but but it’s still quiet in relation to other areas.

Anyone done Anoch Eagach up fort William way? Buzzing to have a crack at it but didn’t get up this summer and unlikely to rest of the year.
I once did it in December about 35 years ago with the Mrs and her brother. At one point the wind got up and we were in danger of being blown off (fnrr, fnrr, etc). I have a couple of photos somewhere where we were lying down holding on to the rock - kind of horizontal climbing, waiting for a bit of a lull in the wind so you could move a bit then hang on again.
A couple of days later we were heading up towards the summit of Buachaille Etive Mor when it became a white-out. Decided to take the safe option so retreated down off the easy side and ended up in the wrong valley and a long walk back to the car.
You had to make yer own fun back in them days.

I once did it in December about 35 years ago with the Mrs and her brother. At one point the wind got up and we were in danger of being blown off (fnrr, fnrr, etc). I have a couple of photos somewhere where we were lying down holding on to the rock - kind of horizontal climbing, waiting for a bit of a lull in the wind so you could move a bit then hang on again.
A couple of days later we were heading up towards the summit of Buachaille Etive Mor when it became a white-out. Decided to take the safe option so retreated down off the easy side and ended up in the wrong valley and a long walk back to the car.
You had to make yer own fun back in them days.
That sounds class 😂

Helvellyn, obviously. Great End summit on a clear day is arguably the best spot in the lakes, you can do it on your way to Scafell Pike out of Langdale.

Back