Walking boots

đź‘Ť They are indeed, bought a pair a while back, much better grip and seem longer lasting than my walking shoes which are half worn after around 600 miles or so.
Still made in Germany, I believe (not outsourced to China).

I agree about the grip - I could've used the North Face ones I had as ice skates - really hard sole rubber, I think.

I would say that you may need to go a half size bigger depending on your preference for socks - now the shops are open, best to try them on, of course (if that's allowed now).

My next pair will be Scarpa again apparently they are now using a different last to suit GB feet - well done Mr Scarpa - great set of lads!

Last edited:
Ended up with a pair of Meindl, absolutely tremendous fit and so comfortable. Tried Scarpa but they were a bit narrow, as said by others on here. Got a cracking discount as well @ Go Outdoors. They told me to price match online and if I could get a better price for the same boot, size etc. they would match it with an additional 10% off using their discount card. Ended up paying paying ÂŁ35 quid less than their shop price.

Gotta new pair from Mountain Warehouse. Way too snug so took 'em back yesterday. Was able to try on the next size up in store but wasn't sure if they were too big, but I anly had thin dress socks on. Was allowed to take 'em away so I can try them properly at home with some proper walking socks on. I kna ya meant to leave a bit room for swellage so hopefully they'll be alright else it's back to the drawing board.

Not sure who I want to play me in the six-part HBO miniseries.

Back