Walking boots

What range can you get in them mate?
I think mine are Ranger boots - all leather totally waterproof I have had them years, 10 plus and they are great. Got them from LD Mountain centre and had them fitted properly. Never hurt my feet and needed very little breaking in.

There’s nowt in it for me but for the price they are unbeatable.

I’ve got some North Face ones that I’ve had for years, did a helluva lot of hill walking/treks and they still look pretty much brand new.

this. I’ve only had two pairs of boots in the last 25 years and the current one are north face. Gortex and have lasted over 10 years and still look and wear good

Sorry for the extremely boring topic.

After a pair, any advice appreciated.

Not bought a pair before, would like decent pair around the 100 pound mark if poss.

Dalton part probably your best bet. I bought a pair from the mountain shop for about 90 quid, vibram extreme I think they were called. No idea if they are a good make or anything but they have got me through 6 winters now and they are in the same condition as the day I bought them.

If they packed in tomorrow I would buy the same pair again.

This is them

Albeit the women's version.

Last edited:
Sorry for the extremely boring topic.

After a pair, any advice appreciated.

Not bought a pair before, would like decent pair around the 100 pound mark if poss.
I walk at least 5 miles every weekday and 15 on a weekend. I buy Karimoor, cheap and each pair lasts me nearly a year. Had dearer pairs like Merril but they were just the same.

I wear these for running in the lakes, they're spot on for walking & hiking too - very comfortable.

They're not waterproof but have drainage to get water out that works well. I have Goretex Solomon "Sense ride" and Goretex "Speedcross" for shit weather. If you're not on hills or anything too rough then sense rides would do the job spot on.

Got a pair of Brashers years ago when I was doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks. Spent about half an hour in the shop making sure they were the right ones. Still use them now if I'm in the Lakes etc.
Got these for day to day stuff like when I used to walk to the office in the olden days. Mainly got them for the Boost soles as my feet are wrecked but they are comfortable.

I’m looking at getting some walking boots for taking the dog out.
Quite like the look of these.
Are they genuinely waterproof?
And how are they for ease of cleaning mud off them?

I bought some from Lidl for £18 and wore them all weekend hiking in the Lakes, they are absolutely spot on. For the amount of funds I'll be using them I'm glad I didn't spunk a shitload on a pair.

I’m looking at getting some walking boots for taking the dog out.
Quite like the look of these.
Are they genuinely waterproof?
And how are they for ease of cleaning mud off them?
I wouldn't wear them in the bath. ;)
TBH, they have let in water once but it was a ridiculous downpour and I was in it for a canny while so it was probably inevitable. I've not tested them enough by plodging through clarts to give you an honest answer on either the waterproof nature or how easy they are to clean. The most off road I've been is Rainton Meadows and Cleadon Hills.

I am never bothering with walking boots again. Went up hellvelyn Not long back in a pair of these....

Bought them for stuff like that and it was like going up in slippers compared to me walking boots.

Alright Kanye!

What the actually are they!?!?!?

Just done my boots up in preparation for the winter.

New laces, dubbin all over. Left it to soak in then repeat. Then I polished them for the first time in over 10 years. The uppers show creases in the leather but they look in almost new condition and are so comfortable.

Scarpa Ranger all leather - great boots 🥾

Slightly over budget but I bought the salomon quest 4d 3 gtx boots a few month back, can’t recommend them enough
I have these as well

supremely comfortable , like wearing your trainers, have been great for me and when they finally die I wouldnt hesitate to go and buy the exact same pair again

got them from reynolds in town...support your local shops, go and get a pair that fit properly and it will save you a load of pain or discomfort, it might cost a you a tenner more but it will be worth it

Last edited:
I have these as well

supremely comfortable , like wearing your trainers, have been great for me and when they finally die I wouldnt hesitate to go and buy the exact same pair again

got them from reynolds in town...support your local shops, go and get a pair that fit properly and it will save you a load of pain or discomfort, it might cost a you a tenner more but it will be worth it
Another 15 mile in mine yesterday and you don’t even notice you have them on really which is always a good thing. How watertight they are surprised me, unless you go into water that will come over the top of the boot it simply will not let in. Walked through plenty of streams and such upto my laces and they’ve been bone dry

Last edited:
Just done my boots up in preparation for the winter.

New laces, dubbin all over. Left it to soak in then repeat. Then I polished them for the first time in over 10 years. The uppers show creases in the leather but they look in almost new condition and are so comfortable.

Scarpa Ranger all leather - great boots 🥾
Have you linseed oiled your cricket bat too ?

Back