Walking boots

After reading a few reviews I've just gone for a pair of Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX. Bought online like and not here yet. Was a toss up between these and Adidas Terrex AX3's. These are walking shoes as opposed to boots.

I bought some new boots a few weeks ago. The shop owner said that if you have long thin feet, then an Italian made boot will probably be best, but if you have broader, square feet, go for German. Not something I had been told before!. Also depending on how cold and wet, it may be worth looking at muck boots as they also do ankle boots.

this is true. I cant get scarpas on my fat feet whereas meindl are perfect. Like slippers.

I got some berghaus ones which are nice but if you can stretch a bit more pop down to Altberg in Richmond and get a fitting. Get the insoles. So comfy
I had a pair of Berghaus so long I wore the gore lining away, I took them into Berghaus in Sunderland and asked if I could pay to have them relined, they took them away, relinened them fitted new insolses and laces, cleaned them and wouldn't charge me a penny, I eventually sold them on eBay for a good few quid.
Altberg are brilliant bootmakers but always out of my price range

After reading a few reviews I've just gone for a pair of Salomon X Ultra 3 GTX. Bought online like and not here yet. Was a toss up between these and Adidas Terrex AX3's. These are walking shoes as opposed to boots.

Salomon are great but usually need to get a size up from my normal size so hope they fit when they come.

I have a pair of Altbergs which are the best boots I've owned in terms of fit and waterproofness. Weren't cheap but have been worth the extra money. I also have a pair of quecha fabric boots that I use for low level dry stuff and they are fine and only about £40

I have a pair of Altbergs which are the best boots I've owned in terms of fit and waterproofness. Weren't cheap but have been worth the extra money. I also have a pair of quecha fabric boots that I use for low level dry stuff and they are fine and only about £40
Altbergs are great boots, I had a pair, wore them for months in the karakoram and hindu Kush, really rugged terrain, the boots performed flawlessly.

I've got a pair of Scarpa Vortex shoes for summer walking, berghaus explorer trek for general hill walking and scarpa sl m3 for serious stuff. Recommend all three

Back