Walking away from an abusive relationship

The biggest step is walking away. You've done the hardest part! It's onwards and upwards from now. Take care xx

Take a deep breath. Breath out slowly.
Appreciate that whatever crap that has been such a part of your life
is no longer there.
That's another step onward.

Just been talking to a friend who's son spent three years living with a psycho bitch while he was at Uni. He went from a straight A's student to a complete shell of the Lad he was and flunked out of College. He finally escaped her claws and is back in his home town doing a fresh degree course and is well on the mend. He's still fragile emotionally/ mentally but it was the best thing he ever could have done and it's a shame he didn't get away sooner.

There is a Lad I work with who is regulary beaten up by his Girlfriend. We ve all tried to tell him to leave but he just cant do it.
Fully expect to see him covered in bruises at work tonight after shes had another night on the drink.

What happened?
Probably nothing different to what many other guys on here have been thru reconciled with my ex wife 15yrs ago after she left me and the kids for another bloke that was mistake number 1 always said to my self i would not let her back in my life but felt pressurised by my kids who she minipulated.
Was never right from day 1 roll on 15yrs she is a raving alcoholic pissed more than she is sober with a vile and disgusting temper last straw came last week when she pulled a kitchen knife on me and started waving it in my face. What hurts the most is that i have been so consumed and so upset by her that i have lost all my friends and have had no one to talk to for 15yrs about how i feel. Plus i know this might sound soppy but its awful when you have no one to give love to and you dont receive any love in your life. Im registered disabled after an accident at work 3yrs ago and know find myself living in my caravan what a pile of shit life can be sometimes.

Back