Walkers Crisps Peterlee

Did you just quote yourself to argue with your own point?
By mistake, I wanted to edit to add the budget thing, then could not be bothered to delete it properly after pressing reply

It's the SMB advice, learn how to budget, make soup by the gallon, Bolognese the same easy, then don't turn on any lights, heating or god forbid you have a TV.

All things the person giving that advice thinks is what anyone on benefit should be doing.

Failure to do that, means instant condemnation as chavs, scum and wasting their taxes

Check the link sidneyeric posted. £55 a week the poor woman was placed on.

The deniers will come back with, they know someone, or they saw someone in a bar and so on, which to them instantly meant they were fiddling their taxes direct out their pockets.

Sad news for people that lost there jobs, I worked there years ago and won't shed a tear. Shit hole of a place to work for.

Again I am sorry for people involved and losing their jobs at christme5

You've just said it above

All the help with utility bills etc

You said that I said it was ‘given at the drop of a hat.’ Show me where I said that.

Do you mean steal and bring home? Was that an unofficial perk of the job?

No you didn’t need to steal them. Some of the time people bought them in the staff shop, sometimes they were excess stock from the warehouse and at Christmas you could take a couple of boxes home with you. They would park a pallet of crisps near the exit and people would grab a couple of boxes, sellotape them together with a handy strap to carry them.

When Smiths owned them they gave people chocolates or biscuits at Christmas, or as on one notable occasion when they reached a new production high, they gave everyone a box of mint chocolates. They used to be a canny firm to work for.

Last edited:
You said that I said it was ‘given at the drop of a hat.’ Show me where I said that.

No you didn’t need to steal them. Some of the time people bought them in the staff shop, sometimes they were excess stock from the warehouse and at Christmas you could take a couple of boxes home with you. They would park a pallet of crisps near the exit and people would grab a couple of boxes, sellotape them together with a handy strap to carry them.

When Smiths owned them they gave people chocolates or biscuits at Christmas, or as on one notable occasion when they reached a new production high, they gave everyone a box of mint chocolates. They used to be a canny firm to work for.

You would say that, wouldn't you. More like stealing, I'd warrant!

;):):)

i did not. Point avoidance as ever. You gave advice and i said as if at the drop of a hat, that would happen, ironically.

you deny there us any problem. Look at @sidneyeric link of a court case and the woman winning her case but not before being put on £55.

it's a disgrace and people like you are all for it

i pity you

When I was there I was a temp. Was during euro 96 and beyond.

Temps weren't allowed anything out of the shop so the cheap 50p for 100 bags of crisps were a no no.

The full time staff looked down on the temps and barely spoke to us. all the full timers used burst bags to eat the crisps on the line and nowt was said. If a temp eat a stray crisp they'd get hammered for it.

When I was there I was a temp. Was during euro 96 and beyond.

Temps weren't allowed anything out of the shop so the cheap 50p for 100 bags of crisps were a no no.

The full time staff looked down on the temps and barely spoke to us. all the full timers used burst bags to eat the crisps on the line and nowt was said. If a temp eat a stray crisp they'd get hammered for it.

Fackin' cants!!

Are the atos assessors on a bonus scheme to try and reduce disability payments? Her assesor was a paramedic who obviously does the assessing as a bit of moonlighting. You've got to be a nasty scumbag to do what he did. He shouldn't be in the ambulance service if that is his level of empathy.
Not officially but it is the whole point of the WCA, it always has been.

i did not. Point avoidance as ever. You gave advice and i said as if at the drop of a hat, that would happen, ironically.

you deny there us any problem. Look at @sidneyeric link of a court case and the woman winning her case but not before being put on £55.

it's a disgrace and people like you are all for it

i pity you

She won the case because it was undefended as apparently the DWP didn’t get the paperwork. Let that sink in.

You seem to be in a bit of a strop tonight so I suggest that you take a step back from the forum, get some sleep and hopefully you will feel better in the morning.

Not officially but it is the whole point of the WCA, it always has been.
Atos only get paid for the people they take off dla. The woman who did my assessment said she was a cardiac nurse, but after reading her report she obviously didn't have a clue about heart failure !!

Back