Wales

Gelan

Winger
Most Covid threads are now dead in the water as the majority of us are living with it, or are we? My nearest local shops are just over the border in Wales, and it's been really nice the last few weeks seeing shop workers full faces for the first time in two years. However, this morning I was met with 90% mask wearing, so naturally thought there had been a new directive from whoever, so I asked a masked shop assistant what was happening...this was his reply.

It's paranoia, this is a small community and when someone dies (with Covid) the news travels fast, and folk start maskiing up again. If the staff don't wear masks half our customers will stay away, or shop elsewhere.

There must be many small communities where this happens and I really don't think it will ever be over for some.

Most Covid threads are now dead in the water as the majority of us are living with it, or are we? My nearest local shops are just over the border in Wales, and it's been really nice the last few weeks seeing shop workers full faces for the first time in two years. However, this morning I was met with 90% mask wearing, so naturally thought there had been a new directive from whoever, so I asked a masked shop assistant what was happening...this was his reply.

It's paranoia, this is a small community and when someone dies (with Covid) the news travels fast, and folk start maskiing up again. If the staff don't wear masks half our customers will stay away, or shop elsewhere.

There must be many small communities where this happens and I really don't think it will ever be over for some.
They'll calm down eventually. But if people want to continue wearing masks that's fine by me, they can crack on.

The media and government whipped up the fear to mind boggling levels, what else do you expect from people who believe everything and anything you tell them

They are telling you everything is fine now and stopped mass testing as a way to prove that cases have gone down. Wales set a red zone at 5% positivity rate, meaning anything under 2.5% was good, up to 5% was concerning and anything over 5% was really bad. The last time i checked Wales was at 49.2% positivity. Unfortunately you'll struggle to convince people that you've made live in fear that it's fine now when cases/admissions are higher than they've ever been for any lockdown.

Back