Wales to go into two week lock down from Friday everyone but critical workers to stay at home

Haven't they mentioned a specific start and finish date? Think if they extend that there'll be a mutiny of sorts.
They have but and it’s a big but how can u say what the finish date is when they have no idea what the situation will be on the stated finish date, coming out and how they do it will be very controversial IMO.

Be nice to see the figures to prove the need to go full lockdown , then see the same figures immediately after lockdown ends.

Just so Joe Public can make their own minds up to see if it’s worked.

Be nice to see the figures to prove the need to go full lockdown , then see the same figures immediately after lockdown ends.

Without a vaccine it’s just going to be a very short term flattening of figures as inevitably the figures will rise again but has the potential to damage businesses considerably and cost jobs, but I guess it’s up to the Welsh govt to deal with the fallout

Issue that I can see with lockdown and judging if its been a success or not depends on if you wanted it, if you did then you find all the information about cases dropping, NHS having more free beds, but then if you didn't you can look at the fact that business are dying, more online sales aka less vat and less jobs, so both sides will just stick to their opinion before the lockdown.

Nothing we do is going to cure it and keep the economy as strong as possible so people will always find the negative they want to see to throw mud at the other side.

Baby clothes non essential but Smirnoff Vodka essential?
fucktards.
Both essential to different people, not only locking people down but controlling what they can buy is f***ing ridiculous.
If it’s any poor bastards birthday they not getting a card :lol:
Absolute f***ing insanity.
if your going Tesco for food why can’t you pick a card up on the way round.

I laugh but the level of control now is worrying.

Last edited:
Both essential to different people, not only locking people down but controlling what they can buy is f***ing ridiculous.

It's very worrying. Can guarantee the same Welsh Government in a few weeks time will be asking people to support the high street for xmas. Amazon and Ebay will be absolutely loving this, their sales will rocket up in Wales because of this. Start of the dark nights and they're stopping people buying clothes/coats/bedding. I applaud the fella in the above tweet was ripping it down, hopefully more kick off about it.

The idea been folk don't just go shopping to pass the time, ie essential shopping.
It's not that hard to understand but I guess we have to pretend to be shocked I guess.

The idea been folk don't just go shopping to pass the time, ie essential shopping.
It's not that hard to understand but I guess we have to pretend to be shocked I guess.

but the supermarkets should be controlled, reduced numbers, social distancing, masks. If someone wants to buy a birthday card they should be able to.

it’s not hard to understand and it’s not even a shock because the worlds gone f***ing mad and some people obviously think this is right.

Back