Waking up from a dream and remembering it

I keep having the same dream I’ve had since I was very very young, going on for nearly 50 years! And I always can remember it the next day.

There never seems an order as to when it happens, it can be a gap of days, weeks or months….

It always seems to start with me trying to climb/walk up a steep bank or hill, but a lot of grey rocks around. I cannot run, legs never seem to want to move that fast. I end up at the top, and it is a now a wall, but surrounded by clouds, cannot see the ground. But in order to progress I have to jump across the gap to a area of wall that it at a lower height.

and every time I have to make the jump, I feel my stomach lurch, as I feel the other surface rush towards me, feel the jolt as I hit the surface…

I do this untold number of times, each time the same stomach lurch and jolt…

I am them surrounded by shadowery figures, grabbing at me, I try running, but my legs are stuck in mud and I try fighting, but the figures are laughing at me, continue their relentless pulling….

And it’s at that point I wake up… breathing heavy, soaked in sweat and keep asking the same thing…wtf?!?

I keep having the same dream I’ve had since I was very very young, going on for nearly 50 years! And I always can remember it the next day.

There never seems an order as to when it happens, it can be a gap of days, weeks or months….

It always seems to start with me trying to climb/walk up a steep bank or hill, but a lot of grey rocks around. I cannot run, legs never seem to want to move that fast. I end up at the top, and it is a now a wall, but surrounded by clouds, cannot see the ground. But in order to progress I have to jump across the gap to a area of wall that it at a lower height.

and every time I have to make the jump, I feel my stomach lurch, as I feel the other surface rush towards me, feel the jolt as I hit the surface…

I do this untold number of times, each time the same stomach lurch and jolt…

I am them surrounded by shadowery figures, grabbing at me, I try running, but my legs are stuck in mud and I try fighting, but the figures are laughing at me, continue their relentless pulling….

And it’s at that point I wake up… breathing heavy, soaked in sweat and keep asking the same thing…wtf?!?
Yup I'd be asking WTF ? as well my love, thankfully it is lava free under the jumping area though (less perilous).
Weird that you have the same one over and over, that's never happened to me (but I'm hoping I can get back into the one last night tonight, haway !!!!).

About once a month I wake up startled from a dream in the middle of the night and my brain hasn't fully adapted to me being awake. I've sort of lost the thread of the dream but unable to pick up reality either and I'm just working off the emotion of my dream in a complete brain fog for a minute or 2. It usually ends up with me hiding from someone I think is after me, checking every room for some enemy that I'm trying to fight or looking for some lass that I'm meant to be shagging.

It's pretty scary really, but (fortunately) has only ever happened when I've lived alone.

In the morning I sort of have a vague recollection of being up and about, but that's it, I can't remember the dream or my thoughts.

I don't think I'm a psychopath. :confused:

35 years later, I still remember running into my parents room to see if my spectrum was really there.

It wasn't.
I was gutted.

Yeah, I remember dreams all the time. At least, for about 5 minutes. It's only a few that sick with me.
However I do have places that I go back to often in dreams that only exist there. Even though I call them places that exist for real, they're totally different there.

I had a dream that Donald Trump was elected president and Boris Johnson was prime minister. Then Boris Johnson was replaced by Liz Truss. Then by Rishi Sunak cos she buggered the economy up in less that a month. And there was a global pandemic. And people in America stormed the capitol building and wanted to hang the vice president.

There was loads more about Prince Harry and Prince Andrew in a bath … and Sunderland getting relegated to the third division.

It was awful and very vivid. It was a relief to wake up. I’m up now. Not able to sleep. I hope I can just forget about it when I go back to bed or I’ll have nightmares again.

Still. It’ll be proper morning in a few hours and reality will replace the nightmare and all will be well. Phew

I’m the same. There’s more happens in my life when I’m asleep rather than when I’m awake.

Once or twice a year I have a lucid dream where you are aware you are dreaming.
You take control and dictate what happens. It’s f***ing brilliant.

I have never been able to go with the lucid dream. Always fought it; unable to breathe while trying like mad to move an arm or leg. I was told to just relax and let it happen...only to feel terror.

Haven't had the experience in years, mind.

And, as for the OP, I rarely remember dreams anymore. A small detail or two. But sometimes I am affected by a dream...like the mood sticks with me half the day. I know I've been through something...just no idea what. So odd having a down feeling and no idea the cause.

I had a dream I was making a frame for the pop top bed in a vee dub camper van out of aerospace grade aluminium in the car park of the Viking centre. What the fuck is that about? Can I not dream I’m hanging out the back of Christina Hendricks instead of over the top camping projects.

The best rude dream I ever had was a few years back and it was a lass who was in my class at school, didn’t wake up at all when it got interesting like I usually do, it was f***ing chos and she was pure filth. I haven’t seen her in years or really had much to do with her at school so that was weird. I still get a twinge when she posts owt on Facebook :lol:

Two more last night.

First finding the body of Bill Bryson whilst walking the dog through a remote field.

The second was being bombed by a squadron of Russian planes whilst taking my kids on a tour of my old college.

I once read that you can only dream about people you know from real life or TV etc. You can't invent a person or character in a dream.

This last one I was at a dance hall / studio looking to take proper lessons.
Random boots were on shelves you could pick a pair of dancing boots from, I'd seen a pair but realised they were a 4 and I'm a 6 or 6.5.
I proceeded to grow a 0-9 month pregnancy belly while I was standing at the counter waiting to change my boots.
I'd eyed up some cowboy boots but the bloke behind the counter was chatting with colleagues about delivering groceries, there had been a mutual attraction but not so much when he saw I was just about to give birth standing at the counter :confused: :lol:

Back