VW / Seat / Skoda Emmisions Scandal

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Longy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Longy

Longy Striker

It’s coming to the end of the deadline when customers can sign up to the lawsuit against them for the emissions scandal. I wasn’t aware it was coming to a head & didn’t think too much about it. Apparently the price of the car can / will be seriously devalued as a result of what’s happened.

They’ve recalled my car & fixed whatever software fuck up there was. Has anybody else signed up to this? Started doing a bit reading but I’m not sure if there’s something I’ve missed.

2. Superchamps

Superchamps Full Back

If there is any compo payday, they’ll have to pay it to everyone

Longy likes this.
  3. mux

mux Striker Contributor

I've got a 2013 VW GOLF TDI and I haven't heard anything from VW about it. Not even sure if I will be affected. Were they supposed to contact customers?

4. Ha'way the oil burners.:cool:

5. Kent_Mackem

Kent_Mackem Striker

Only everybody who registers on the claim surely? (Which will be a lot of people)

6. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

You sound cool as fuck tbh :cool:

Lukas73 and mux like this.
  7. mux

mux Striker Contributor

You mean you didn't already know this Den?

A19 MUX - often seen in and around the SR6 Riviera.

Lukas73 likes this.
  8. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

I didn't but your choice of wheels confirms it

mux likes this.
  9. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Winger

I’ve just bought a 2018 VW and I had an emission in it yesterday morning (curry the night before) that was fucking scandalous.

Can I claim compensation?

Bishop Boy likes this.
  10. Longy

Longy Striker

I’m not sure mate. I heard about it at the time, the Seat garage in Suddick sent me a letter about my Leon to take it back for the day, then this.

Has it damaged the value of your car & was it VW that made you eat the curry then lied to the regulatory board about it?

mux likes this.
  11. Superchamps

Superchamps Full Back

Surely this just establishes the principle of compensation.

12. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Try this out: Volkswagen Emissions & Recall Information : Volkswagen UK

I’d suspect it’s not affected as you’d have had a letter from the DVLA to recall the vehicle.

mux likes this.
  13. Dennis

Dennis Central Defender

Cheers, I had no letter from the DVLA and mine is affected. Booked it in for next week

Goat Eyes likes this.
  14. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Chances are the car may be registered to another driver / address or your letter just hadn’t been sent yet. The letters will be sent in batches to allow them to control demand.

Reports are it severely affects performance, may be worth speaking to some VW people or checking out some forums prior to taking it in.

Dennis likes this.
  15. PTR

PTR Striker

I don't recall getting anything from DVLA (could be wrong), but I did get a letter from SEAT. And I know my engine is one of those involved (140PS 2l CR). And SEAT did the work on my car a couple of years back.

By the way, there's another thread on here about this, with a few pages of replies.

16. My old VW Passat oil burner on 55 reg has nearly 220,000 miles on the clock.
    Don't think I will bother my arse in contacting VW.

17. Goat Eyes

Goat Eyes Striker

Aye, the letters are sent by the DVLA though as they have the most up to date ownership information.

It’s irrrelavnt as technically it’s a letter sent by the manufacturer but posted by the DVLA. A nice little earner for them.

18. Patch

Patch Winger

Likewise... if it's a Mk 7 (which it likely is) then it's unaffected..

mux likes this.
  19. t121anf

t121anf Full Back

I have declined SEATs request to "fix" mine, does more harm than good.

20. wilka88

wilka88 Midfield

I signed up months ago, I don't have the car anymore but that doesn't seem to matter. Fingers crossed I get some cash back :D