VW Golf Remapping

• Thread starter Deleted member 45261
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45261

I have a 2011 Golf tdi and have been told it might be worth getting remapped, there's 115k on the clock so am not really sure what to do, is it worth it, what will it cost and is there anywhere near Sunderland/Durham that is recommended? cheers

Remapped for what, pace or economy?

For me remapping is for increased pull through the rev range, unless the car has been looked after I wouldn't be remapping at 115k although I'm no expert on that turbo.

Remapped for what, pace or economy?

For me remapping is for increased pull through the rev range, unless the car has been looked after I wouldn't be remapping at 115k although I'm no expert on that turbo.
thanks mate, its for extra pull really, its a 2.0 gt and meant to be 140bhp but tbh it's nowhere near that, I havn't had it long like and it may well just be the age @yamar1 any thoughts?

I dont know much, but if you want a bit more zip, then you can fit a racechip. Increase bhp and efficiency, control via Bluetooth and can be easily removed if necessary. I fitted one to a 140 bhp leon, now 180.

thanks mate, its for extra pull really, its a 2.0 gt and meant to be 140bhp but tbh it's nowhere near that, I havn't had it long like and it may well just be the age @yamar1 any thoughts?

An 8yo car won't have anything like the original quoted bhp, it's up to you, I'd join a few VW forums and read around.

A couple of hours reading and you'll have a fairly good idea of what's realistic and risk etc.

I've remapped a fair few cars over the years, the difference is night and day.

An 8yo car won't have anything like the original quoted bhp, it's up to you, I'd join a few VW forums and read around.

A couple of hours reading and you'll have a fairly good idea of what's realistic and risk etc.

I've remapped a fair few cars over the years, the difference is night and day.
cheers man

I dont know much, but if you want a bit more zip, then you can fit a racechip. Increase bhp and efficiency, control via Bluetooth and can be easily removed if necessary. I fitted one to a 140 bhp leon, now 180.

They give extra poke but remapping changes the whole dynamic of the car (happy to be proved wrong). The throttle response, turbo spool and how the engine runs is changed in the map, it totally changes the car.

I also don't believe the figures quoted.

I had a Superchips Bluefin remap done on a Mk 5 Golf GTI a few years back. More power and fuel economy, and you could switch it on / off with ease. I thought it was brilliant to be honest and you could do it yourself when you bought the kit. It did cost me £400 ( back in 2007 ) .

I have a 2011 Golf tdi and have been told it might be worth getting remapped, there's 115k on the clock so am not really sure what to do, is it worth it, what will it cost and is there anywhere near Sunderland/Durham that is recommended? cheers
Leechmere industrial estate he does only German cars. Not sure on the name mind. Google it.
The performance centre. Really nice lads too.

Last edited:
A good service first for sure. Then possibly a carbon clean. Id also put miller's eco max in with every fill up. (I do)

No point remapping if the car isn't running spot on in the first place.

But yeah, no reason not to if everything else is sorted.
Ignore warnings about it doing damage, vw sell the exact same cars in different power with just a remap of their own.

I've got a vw 140 engine, and it's been running at 190 for years. It's great.
Big fish tuning is a great place to go. They do a 45 min diagnostic before they start, so no risk to your car

Last edited:
Why didn't you get your husband to buy you a decent car with a proper sized engine in the first place, instead of fannying on with a bloke with a baseball cap, a Max Power subscription and a laptop.

Back