Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ThankHeavenForShed7 - Dreaming of Old England C&C

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't even call you a moron. ;)

It has happened before though. I did it once.

But once that X is posted......

It just seemed funny after all the controversies regarding changing entry (Clyde was not allowed to last month), entering something taken outside the month, arguments over photographing photographs.....that someone comes along and says..."Can I change my vote" :eek:

Just made me laugh.

I think it's fair to say that in the 8 months of this competition, every aspect of the rules have been argued about.

Only on the SMB. :lol:

Hoo Spav, don't you dare change the vote you've given me mind :mad:

;)

I've made a voting fuck-up.

Meant to vote for Hully and janiep, but I've actually voted for madmackem and janiep instead.

Happy to have a vote registered for madmackem too, really liked his shot as i mentioned, but would we be able to add an extra vote to Hully in the event of a tie?

Soz Hully.

Why dont you just add your original vote for me now as originally planned? That would draw me and luckyknickers level, and leave it to the final voters to decide it. That's also fairer than adding a vote for me once the results are known.

I thought the surf and sun pic was the first one he posted followed by a darker higher perspective shot of the sun setting in the distance with some kind of wooden pier going out in the foreground but that was deleted and his original entry that eventually won was left.

I can't remember TBH, but he was allowed to change.

iirc i posted up a shot, then after a couple of days the link went funny and somehow wouldn't work, so i put a new link up to a different photo that i also took on the same day after asking if i was allowed to do that, anyway after a bit humming n harring i went back to the original photo to make sure that if i won there was no controversy or summit like that anyway..

Why dont you just add your original vote for me now as originally planned? That would draw me and luckyknickers level, and leave it to the final voters to decide it. That's also fairer than adding a vote for me once the results are known.

Make sense to me. Could someone who hasn't yet voted or who has a spare username hoy up a vote for Hully on my behalf?

Make sense to me. Could someone who hasn't yet voted or who has a spare username hoy up a vote for Hully on my behalf?

But what if any potential surragate voter liked another entry more?

Should they forsake their own opinion because someone couldn't put an X in the right box?

See, the issues get deeper and more complex. :lol:

But what if any potential surragate voter liked another entry more?

Should they forsake their own opinion because someone couldn't put an X in the right box?

See, the issues get deeper and more complex. :lol:

It must have confused a few people as there still don't seem to be any next to my name ;)

It's took me a while to decide on my voting this month becaes I liked so many of them but wanted to keep the scpring down to 3 if possible.

So I've gone for, in reverse order (drum roll)

3: Hauser - this pic has cracked me up since you posted it and I've hummed and harred about it meeting the theme but have decided I like it too much to care that much :lol:

2: Clyde - For something that was shot in Hartlepool a cuple of weeks ago, it's like be transported back in time. Fantastic shot and great composition and would have been the winner if not for....

1: Lucky Knickers - the composition and colours are fantastic but the subject matter and arrangement was like going back to 73 and waiting for the team bus to come down past Durham Road. Superb effort and for me pic of the month (I wish I had the imagination to pull something like that together).

If only I'd read this before voting 1 minute ago :oops:

iirc i posted up a shot, then after a couple of days the link went funny and somehow wouldn't work, so i put a new link up to a different photo that i also took on the same day after asking if i was allowed to do that, anyway after a bit humming n harring i went back to the original photo to make sure that if i won there was no controversy or summit like that anyway..

either would have been fine with me marra - I hope things don't become too serious that people start to be put off entering.

Last edited:
I thought that was a very difficult topic, but voted for the two footie based ones. Particularly liked Janie P's for the bold composition and the expression of the serving lass.

Well done luckyknickers . . . .just goes to show that a great picture can be made from a little bit of thought and creativity.

And thanks too for all your comments and votes on mine; I'm glad that me and luckyknickers have been accepted and recognised into the SMB photo contest as late as August :)

wow!!! i can't believe it! :-D thanks everyone! :-D

i agree with hully that we have been welcomed into the competition so late and it definatley gives me the confidence to keep on having a go!
(although saying that i was out last night during the thunder storms for a little bit trying to get some photos and my camera just isn't up to taking night shots, so doubt very much i will be entering this month unless i can sort that :-()

thanks again, i am absolutely chuffed :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back