• Cook - Old railway line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ThankHeavenForShed7 - Dreaming of Old England C&C

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
(although saying that i was out last night during the thunder storms for a little bit trying to get some photos and my camera just isn't up to taking night shots, so doubt very much i will be entering this month unless i can sort that :-()

thanks again, i am absolutely chuffed :-D

well done LK !!

night shots needn't be outdoor long exposures usually suitable for dslr's, although that can be done with most compacts too ( play around with settings/check user manual ), you could try getting shots indoors, use the flash, nights out, theres quite a bit you could try, be imaginative :)

yeah clyde i do have a few other ideas for the theme but i thought i would give night photography a try as it's not something i have ever done before. now i can see why :lol: my original idea is still the one i am hoping to get, but it means looking like a right pleb :lol:

madmackem, thats a good idea too, and thanks :-D

luckyknickers, what camera do you have? As a small suggestion, you may like to try one of these:

-putting it on a flat surface to take a shot so it can take without visible shake etc (using the timer if you have one)
-buying a small tripod, or one of these
-thinking creatively about the theme, and then applying it by taking a picture which your camera can handle (ie 'after dark' doesnt just have to mean taking an outside night shot)

Looking forward to seeing your continued participation (and hopefully me beating you next time haha ;)

wow!!! i can't believe it! :-D thanks everyone! :-D...i agree with hully that we have been welcomed into the competition so late and it definatley gives me the confidence to keep on having a go!
...thanks again, i am absolutely chuffed :-D

Well done Lucky K! Great photo and am pleased you won.:-D

luckyknickers, what camera do you have? As a small suggestion, you may like to try one of these:

-putting it on a flat surface to take a shot so it can take without visible shake etc (using the timer if you have one)
-buying a small tripod, or one of these
-thinking creatively about the theme, and then applying it by taking a picture which your camera can handle (ie 'after dark' doesnt just have to mean taking an outside night shot)

Looking forward to seeing your continued participation (and hopefully me beating you next time haha

without going and getting i couldn't tell you model etc :oops: but it's just a standard samsung digital camera. that gorillapod looks absolutely great!!! :-D as for that last line :lol: i have absolutely no doubt about it!

thanks everyone :-D

I didn't vote. The Chinese authorities have obviously decided that I should not view some of the photos so I cannot see most of them so I decided I should not vote. Normally I can see the archived ones but this month seems a little sluggish.

I didn't vote. The Chinese authorities have obviously decided that I should not view some of the photos so I cannot see most of them so I decided I should not vote. Normally I can see the archived ones but this month seems a little sluggish.

Same comment from me, unfortunately!

I keep forgetting to come on this board as Flickr is banned at work. Too late to vote but would have voted for LK's too. Great idea and love the photo.

Will try to get an entry for this month. Only done one so far and, er, it should have been invalid. Hey ho.

Have you managed to move to Kunming yet?

There now Andy. Torrential rain tonight but it makes a change from the Gobi!! Used to be immune from mosquito's too but been dived bombed twice by the little screaming bugga's during the couple of weeks since getting here.
Canny place though!!
Got some interesting after dark pics from me 30th floor flat!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back