Voting - Growth

Picture of the Month - March?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have looked at the picture 30 or 40 times before I posted it and a fair few times since and i never actually noticed that until you pointed it out - I've docked the sub editors wages.

Something that caught my eye immediately and definitely distracted from the photo - you have just learned something though which is great (and its amazing how much easier it is to spot things like this in other peoples pictures but you will look at your own closer next time)

It would actually be quite difficult to remove that by cropping though as you have not got any room to crop to the left or below the branch without removing some of the branch and changing the picture.

I'm not going to say equipment makes no difference, because it does :lol:

But, that's the beauty of it. If you meet the theme beyond the obvious then you'll have a chance at picking up the votes. I think there's been some really good entrys over the past few months by people with great technique, equipment etc... but because they've failed to think out of the box they probably haven't got as many votes as they might.

I have a mobile phone, a compact camera and a dSLR.

There is no doubting that the very best photos in terms of image quality etc are with the SLR - but many of my own personal favourite photos are taken with the phone or the compact camera, and given bright light, both can take excellent photos.

The eye for a photo and composition doesn't change much whatever you use

I only use my mobile phone, its a Samsung Corby, and is decent enough, I can't compete with the proffessionals on here though.

You're doing better than me then.

I can't even compete with the beginners. :eek:

The only problem with a camera phone is that you probably need to do more post processing but that's the spirit of the competition I think so keep it up mate.

You're doing better than me then.

I can't even compete with the beginners. :eek:

The only problem with a camera phone is that you probably need to do more post processing but that's the spirit of the competition I think so keep it up mate.

I have never edited any of the images, I just post them. I have put a lot of thought into this months though.

If the above is true, you have a natural eye for a good photo ......

Yeah, it is true, i've always loved looking at good photographs but never really done anything about it. If I ever won the lottery (I don't put it on!) or was in a position to retire early I would love to learn to paint and learn how to take good photographs.

The camera I'm using is a Canon Power Shot SX120IS, that my Dad got for Christmas.

I had planned to post totally different photographs in each month but both turned out excruciatingly badly. The first one was my son taking his boots off whilst sitting on a car seat, I ended up with just taking a close up of the boots. The second one I was perched precariously on a pergola whilst encouraging my 18 month old to water a plastic flower :eek:. I ended up taking a close up of her eye, there were obviously imperfections like the green light on her eye and eyelid but as I say I don't have or know how to use photoshop.

Hopefully I will get the motivation to learn more from this part of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back