Voting. Architectural Detail

Challenge winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As usual, only voting for one.

2310 Return for me this month, looks a little unnatural but framed well. IMO most of the other entries are abstracts and don't actually have that much detail.

tom tom macute
- It's ok but the white background doesn't work for me, would have been nicer with a bright blue sky behind.

BiffaBeercan - I quite like this, unusual and is colonnade a type of brown pop :-D

Mainze - Love this shot, I'd of cropped the bottom more - VOTE

oROSSo - Far too dark, the detail is lost, I don't think there's any positives to be had from it being B&W

neiluk1985 - Great shot, I get a feeling of vertigo, although it's perhaps a bit dark - VOTE

minkeysteve
- Another that doesn't really benefit from being B&W imo and I'd of cropped the top off, removing the object on the right.

2310 Return - It looks "wonky" leaning to the right and a bit too much going on for my taste.

TheGreenMan - Doesn't do anything for me.

architect1976 - Doesn't do anything for me, not sure it meets the theme.

Steeeeed - Is this the sage again, great shot, just what I imagined the theme to be - VOTE

ajax_andy - Doesn't do anything for me.

smoker - Doesn't do anything for me and why have we got a weird orb like halo around the subject ??

ThankHeavenForShed7
- Doesn't do anything for me, composition is poor.

peachbum - I like this, the primary colours are great, not enough "architectural detail" to get a vote though.

Amnorrageordie - More of a landscape shot in portrait for me, doesn't meet theme imo.

Last edited:
tom tom macute
Mainze
neiluk1985
2310 Return
Steeeeed

Got my vote. All good pics but these especially so.

Gotta be mainze innit?

Miles clear for me. Terrific find and well cropped

gursky could flog this for 2.4 m euro

Peachbum for me.

Simple composition, vibrant colours, and contrasts the rusting blue ironwork beautifully with the red and yellow.

Mainze and Steeeeeed. Streets ahead of the rest.

I'm gonna say i was going for the low key vibe to highlight the details you can see one the cross and tower :cool:

Mainze all the way. Honourable mention to Peachbum.

TomTomMacute - Good spot, hard to take photo, meets theme, light ideally could have been better. I possibly would have lost the sky to the right hand side (crop vertically), composition would have been stronger and some duff sky lost. VOTE

BiffaBeerCan - like the photo but would have focused more on a detail rather than just a shot of a wall.

Mainz - favourite photo of the month, a lovely photo with gorgeous colours, but not sure it meets theme.

Orosso- 2310return-Ajax Andy - this is more architecture than architectural detail.

NeilUK - nice one. VOTE

Minkeysteve-The Green Man- ThankHeaven4s7- Smoker Meets theme well but just doesn't quite crack it as a vote catcher. (and for Smoker - what is that circle of light? it detracts from your entry)

Architect1976 - doesn't meet theme

Steed Class entry from you as ever . VOTE

Amnorrageordie - All a bit too distant - the bridge actually looks like it is coming out of the side of the lampost. And you had the best sky of the month!

:)

Tom Tom Machute - Very nice... lacks a bit of punch that could have easily been added with some additonal contrast added. I do like this a lot though - vote

Mainze - Excellent image, really top class IMO... best entry of the lot - vote

Steed - Another high quality entry... lots of different lines and interesting angles - vote

Very strong entry from people this month, and I usually only vote for one entry, but all three of the above I felt deserved a vote for a variety of reasons.

BiffaBeerCan - like the photo but would have focused more on a detail rather than just a shot of a wall.

I must say, I took this a good few hours after the end of the 'Stop the cuts' march and I was very, very drunk. I doubt I could focus on anything right at that moment! :oops:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the positive feedback, I don't really have an artistic eye most of the time, but this shot just stood out as I was having a stroll down the beach.

Some good entries this month, my vote has gone to NeilUK. It was a close call between that and Steeds shot!

Thanks for the votes everyone, think this has been my most successful month so far!

I voted for Steeeeed - It's very well composed and looks great in black & white. I was about to go in to the Sage when I was out and about but the weather turned and I didn't think I'd be able to get a decent shot. I still haven't been in there yet but it's on my list.

I almost voted for Biffabeercan - It looks like there's a lot of history behind it, and I like the colours of the brickwork. The painted-on sign gives a good contrast to it as well. I think it would've been better if you'd managed to get level on to the window and sign, as opposed to looking up at it; and I would probably have cropped off the bit to the left of the street sign, but otherwise I really like it and was THIS close to voting for it.

Not often you see a vote from me, so I'll explain.

I've just had a PM from someone saying they meant to vote for NeilUK but accidentally didn't, so I've voted for him to put that straight.

Not often you see a vote from me, so I'll explain.

I've just had a PM from someone saying they meant to vote for NeilUK but accidentally didn't, so I've voted for him to put that straight.

You should have voted for everyone except the accidental one, then an extra one for Neil on your ghost sign in ;)

Some really good stuff in this month..... I spent three nights out in the city shooting some amazing buildings, then went and got myself banned. Well that was a waste of time wasn't it :evil:

My interpretation of the theme this month was lots of fine lines and fine detail. On this basis I've voted for 2310 Return. Really surprised it hasn't polled a lot more votes actually. Some really good entries this month and a lot of variety.

Thanks for the comments on mine. I tried a few buildings around Newcastle but was eventually dragged back to the mothership. I love the sage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back