Volkswagen Arteon

Think they're topper me. Pretty sure they've just announced or are rumoured to be looking at a facelift for it next year.
It's been out less than a year and is part of the new look VW style (like the new Tiguan), so I doubt it's getting a facelift. The Passat it's based on is though apparently.

I've yet to see one on the road but looked at it in the dealer in Sunderland at the weekend and was very impressed. Also a great family car...vast inside and a huge boot.

Last edited:
thought about one as a company car option - test drove it and ruled it out - loads of techy clever stuff that I just wouldn't use - take it away and the overall drive was pretty average.

Did you end up getting one of these mate? It’s on my shortlist for when I change in June.
I ordered one in July but it kept getting delayed and delayed with no firm delivery date, so I cancelled the order in November and jumped on an Alfa Giulia deal which popped up for immediate delivery. The 2.0TSI Arteon I had on order still doesn't have WLTP approval! I think as long as you avoid that model you should be OK now though I think. Still some great lease deals available on it, and I'd still have one in a heartbeat, though personally very happy with the Alfa which actually worked out even cheaper.

I ordered one in July but it kept getting delayed and delayed with no firm delivery date, so I cancelled the order in November and jumped on an Alfa Giulia deal which popped up for immediate delivery. The 2.0TSI Arteon I had on order still doesn't have WLTP approval! I think as long as you avoid that model you should be OK now though I think. Still some great lease deals available on it, and I'd still have one in a heartbeat, though personally very happy with the Alfa which actually worked out even cheaper.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, loads of great deals about at the minute. I’m literally about to go over and look at one now cos I’ve not looked at one in the flesh yet.

Love them Giulias by the way. Beautiful cars.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, loads of great deals about at the minute. I’m literally about to go over and look at one now cos I’ve not looked at one in the flesh yet.

Love them Giulias by the way. Beautiful cars.
Strangely not that many lease deals about generally, but yes the Arteon can be had for very attractive rates and is one of the best at the moment.

The Giulia isn't as practical as the Arteon as family transport (the Arteon is almost limo-like inside and has an enormous boot too) and doesn't have the same levels of spec/technology but it is a looker as you say and is a real pleasure to drive.

Strangely not that many lease deals about generally, but yes the Arteon can be had for very attractive rates and is one of the best at the moment.

The Giulia isn't as practical as the Arteon as family transport (the Arteon is almost limo-like inside and has an enormous boot too) and doesn't have the same levels of spec/technology but it is a looker as you say and is a real pleasure to drive.
@DufraisFTM

The ones that seem to have deals regularly on at the minute are the Volvo S90/V90. Some stupid cheap prices for them. If you have a Santander bank account you can get some good deals through them too but Volvo dealers are doing some good deals too

@DufraisFTM

The ones that seem to have deals regularly on at the minute are the Volvo S90/V90. Some stupid cheap prices for them. If you have a Santander bank account you can get some good deals through them too but Volvo dealers are doing some good deals too
Strangely enough I was looking at Volvo deals yesterday and was surprised at some of the deals out there. Unfortunately, this car will primarily be for the wife/family car. I’ve tried once or twice to get her to consider a Skoda Octavia which downright refuses. I fear she’ll do the same with a Volvo.

Strangely enough I was looking at Volvo deals yesterday and was surprised at some of the deals out there. Unfortunately, this car will primarily be for the wife/family car. I’ve tried once or twice to get her to consider a Skoda Octavia which downright refuses. I fear she’ll do the same with a Volvo.
Leon and astra if you want slightly smaller. Both for under £200 a month if you shop around.

The new Volvo are really nice inside. Mine is due back at the end of the year so will be looking in the summer. Would happily plump for a Volvo for a couple of years regardless if it is massive or not

Back