Volkswagen Arteon

ozz

Winger
saw one on the road for the first time yesterday and liked the look of them- thought they would cost a fortune- looked at a personal lease for 10,000 miles for 2 years and only around £300 a month with 6 months up front. Anyone got one or know why they are so cheap for such a high spec car?

saw one on the road for the first time yesterday and liked the look of them- thought they would cost a fortune- looked at a personal lease for 10,000 miles for 2 years and only around £300 a month with 6 months up front. Anyone got one or know why they are so cheap for such a high spec car?

Suspect VW will be discounting them pretty heavily as the market for saloons that aren’t Mercedes, BMW etc is shrinking.

Car sourcing sites like Carwow are offering almost £4,000 off without even breaking sweat.

New Volkswagen Arteon Deals - official VW dealers | carwow

Still £9,000 over those 2 years though. Not that cheap!

Still £9,000 over those 2 years though. Not that cheap![/QUOT
Still £9,000 over those 2 years though. Not that cheap!
if you were buying new, the VAT alone would be £7000 so it is fairly cheap.

because it's minging?
You reckon?

Great looking car , will be a bargain at 3 or 4 year old , being that its not a “look at me” badge (BMW Merc or Audi) , the current Skoda Superb is nice as well , as is the KIA Stinger - now that IS a shit name! Good car though!

I’d argue that’s 9 grand for 2 years, 6 years of those payments gets you a brand new that you own outright. I’d hoy 2k cash down and get a 25k bank loan personally. Will still be worth a big chunk when it’s paid off.

Edit: I don’t think that servicing and maintenance at 10k a year would exceed the equity you have at the end, nowhere near.

I’d argue that’s 9 grand for 2 years, 6 years of those payments gets you a brand new that you own outright. I’d hoy 2k cash down and get a 25k bank loan personally. Will still be worth a big chunk when it’s paid off.

Edit: I don’t think that servicing and maintenance at 10k a year would exceed the equity you have at the end, nowhere near.
But the depreciation on this could be massive. I pay about £250 for the wife’s Kia shortage and although I love that this looks a different league.

I saw one at the Durham Lookers the other week. I was actually shocked how reasonable the price was.

But the depreciation on this could be massive. I pay about £250 for the wife’s Kia shortage and although I love that this looks a different league.

Do you realise that the lease for 2 years costs you 9 grand? A 6 year old Passat CC is worth 7 grand. At the end of the day it comes down to is the benefit of changing at years 2 and 4 worth more to you than 7k. Horses for courses in fairness.

Do you realise that the lease for 2 years costs you 9 grand? A 6 year old Passat CC is worth 7 grand. At the end of the day it comes down to is the benefit of changing at years 2 and 4 worth more to you than 7k. Horses for courses in fairness.
Greet point. I suppose I like the novelty of a new car without the initial out lay and worry of a break down.

Back