Vodka...

You've not been drinking the right vodka. Most people have never tried a proper vodka, you can drink it neat and enjoy it.

It's like whiskey, if you try and drink Glens or Bells neat it'll be disgusting, but if you have something proper, you can drink it neat.

Nowhere near as nice as a good Scotch though. Imo, of course :cool:

Haven't heard of it.. But a vodka bar sounds up my street.. Been a while since I've done Edinburgh n all.
It's on Jackson Close between the Royal Mile and Cockburn St. Fantastic place.

First time we went it was 5 measures for £9.99; I think it's about £15 now for the same. The only exceptions are the 77% A V vodka and a drink called Espíritu, which is 95% ABV and about £4.50 a shot. Surprisingly palatable. :lol:

You've not been drinking the right vodka. Most people have never tried a proper vodka, you can drink it neat and enjoy it.

It's like whiskey, if you try and drink Glens or Bells neat it'll be disgusting, but if you have something proper, you can drink it neat.
This, but others on here will tell you different.

It's on Jackson Close between the Royal Mile and Cockburn St. Fantastic place.

First time we went it was 5 measures for £9.99; I think it's about £15 now for the same. The only exceptions are the 77% A V vodka and a drink called Espíritu, which is 95% ABV and about £4.50 a shot. Surprisingly palatable. :lol:

:eek: that's some strong stuff mind!

when I lived in Poland I went form being a mainly beer and wine drinker to almost "Vodka only" pretty quickly - no mixers* and no hangovers. f***ing terrific stuff straight from the freezer

*Zubrowka and Apple juice being an exception

Absolut is the only vodka I can drink that doesn’t burn my throat. But I brought back some Reyka from Iceland and that was a right touch.

Fair point mate, my experience with Vodka is solely a bottle for a tenner in a gaff before a night out.

Every so often I’ll pop over the border into Poland for a weekend and bring back the dirt cheap, authentic stuff, nice little benefit of living in Berlin :cool:
The Polish spiritus is legendary stuff.

My mate's Dad (a Pole who settled after WWII) used it in a number of ways.
  • As antiseptic on small wounds
  • He would drizzle a small amount into the opening of an ants nest. Leave it about ten seconds (to let the fumes permeate) then apply a match. Saw one ant stagger out with bent antennae wondering what the fuck had hit it.
  • As a drink. It stuck to the side of the glass, high viscosity. You downed it in one, because you didn't want it touching anything on the way down. Hit my stomach with a warm glow, which spread outward and made me smile.

Back