Vodka...

McGregor

Winger
I'm a vodka man, and know most people will think it's a drink purely to get pissed on. But I'm curious for vodka drinkers out there, what's your preferred? Any you'd recommend, and any you'd like to try?

My preference is for Ciroc, I've just tried SKYY vodka which was surprisingly nice.

I want to try crystal head vodka but haven't got round to it, its next though.

Last edited:

Vladivar is probably my favourite. Used to be a middle shelf one but it's gone top shelf, unfortunately, so it's pricier than it used to be. Very clean taste, nice on its own over ice.
There's a rose petal flavoured vodka called Pinky which is oddly nice too. Again, on its own over ice with a bit lemon peel in it. Haven't had that in years though.
Smirnoff tastes oily.

Had loads of nice ones over in Poland, don't recall the name of any like.

That Bison Grass stuff is topper anarl.
Aye, mixed with cloudy apple juice it's cracking. Can get a bit sickly after a bit though.

I'm a vodka man, and know most people will think it's a drink purely to get pissed on. But I'm curious for vodka drinkers out there, what's your preferred? Any you'd recommend, and any you'd like to try?

My preference is for Ciroc, I've just tried SKYY vodka which was surprisingly nice.

Do you drink the flavoured ones marra

Vodka is best if poured into an empty bourbon or sherry cask and left for 10+ years.

Doesn't have any depth of flavour for me. Tried a few of varying price over the years and once you get past the really really cheap stuff i can't tell the difference.

I always thought Vodka was bland, until I was given some polish vodka by a polish mate and a Ukrainian mate gave me a bottle from his country, really nice stuff, not something I would drink regular, but it did change the way I thought about the drink.

Doesn't have any depth of flavour for me. Tried a few of varying price over the years and once you get past the really really cheap stuff i can't tell the difference.

Tried stolichnaya strawberry yesterday and that's certainly packed with flavour, a very strong smell of strawberry.

Finlandia is my go to vodka, never really hear it mentioned but gets decent reviews too

Had a bottle a good few years ago, it's nice like.

My best mates a polish lad and at his wedding we had table zubrowka instead of wine, they didn't let it warm it was replaced every 15 min. No wonder polish weddings go on for 2 days they pass out for 12 hours in the middle
Every so often I’ll pop over the border into Poland for a weekend and bring back the dirt cheap, authentic stuff, nice little benefit of living in Berlin :cool:

Back