Vitesse Arnhem - quality

I’m a technical idiot so can’t work out how to upload a picture but I have a limited edition Vitesse Arnhem ‘lest we forget’ scarf. Their season ticket holders got one as a commemorative gift in 2014 for the 70th anniversary of the battle. It’s claret and blue with gold print. Their fans still wear them for home games even though the team play in yellow and black. It’s one of 3 in the UK and my mates have the other two. My mate blagged buying them from the club shop. All the result of one of the finest days out at a match I’ve ever had. They couldn’t respect our paras more than they do. If you go there it’s great to see.

I've previously visited Arnhem in November and can confirm that the whole town buys into Remberance Sunday in a big way. Very humbling to see the way that they still honour British soldiers who died during the air landings. Particularly so, when you consider how savagely the civilian population were treated by the Germans after the battle to punish them for assisting the allied soldiers.

The airborne museum is well worth a visit as is the Vitesse ground which is a cracking stadium .

I've previously visited Arnhem in November and can confirm that the whole town buys into Remberance Sunday in a big way. Very humbling to see the way that they still honour British soldiers who died during the air landings. Particularly so, when you consider how savagely the civilian population were treated by the Germans after the battle to punish them for assisting the allied soldiers.

The airborne museum is well worth a visit as is the Vitesse ground which is a cracking stadium .

Yeah you are right about the Airborne museum. Makes you think when you are around there.

Didn't know about the Remembrance Sunday there. Great stuff.

Back